Air ride compressor, module or sensor going out?

dnsherrill

Registered
Earlier today I got in my 94 and the compressor didn't come on (unusual) I drove about 3 miles and while on the highway got the ''check air ride message'' and cleared it. I got off the highway at my exit about another mile down the road, drove about another mile to the grocery store and noticed the sound of the front wheel scrubbing- the compressor never came on. I was close to home and slowly drove it there. Shut it down, nearly slammed just in the front (both sides, drivers side lower). About 20 minutes later I came out and started the car, the compressor ran and got it up to height in one cycle, about 45 seconds. I tired this a few more times and it kept happening the same, compressor comes on at startup, I drive a little ways but the compressor doesn't come on like it had been before (after driving highway speeds) The check air ride message didn't come back...yet
Does this sound like bad air ride module or height sensors? I haven't driven it any real distance yet to see if it will slam again.
The bags hold good overnight...no signs of abnormal leaking

Last edited:
Back