I invite all members to read this!

biobug1

Registered
Don't be fooled by the expensive coil conversion kits online.For those of you that don't know,the Mark8 is based on the 89-97 Thunderbird chassis.The struts,rear shocks and coils are a direct bolt in.The only thing missing is that square plate with stud in the middle.You make that yourself by those of you that have tools and the fabrication skills.For y'all that don't,have somebody make them for you or buy the plates online.(I have seen just the plates but I don't have the link at this time). These cars are in lots of salvage yards and auctions.There's just 3 alone in one Pick Your Part here in my town for example(they have the best price)or buy from salvage yards online too.The best way to go is buy the complete strut assembly and rear springs off the Bird and replace the shock parts.The fronts are Monroe-801845 at Rockauto,$41.79 each+shipping($8-$12 for the pair)The rears are Monroe-33134 for $14.04 each+shipping(7-11)this fits 93 T-Bird with 5.0(3.8v6 uses same #'s). Acquire the rear plates and you just saved some cash.(insert "applause"emoji here). WANNA PUT A SBF IN YOUR 8? Yes you can be the first on your block to have a 289,302/5.0,351W/5.8,or a CLEVELAND in your Mark.The motor mounts from a 91-93 Bird 5.0 fit the Mark.Use the stock Trans mount with the C4,C6,82-92AOD or FMX(I don't why anyone would but maybe that's all they have),the Marks AODE does not bolt to the SBF's.There's is also the 6 speed kit on LOD.Also get a rear sump oil pan (available online from several companies). Rig up your own electrical or mechanical cooling system and bracket assemblies.Modify the driveshaft also(Depending on what transmission you use will dictate yoke,u-joints and length).IF YOU LIVE IN EMISSIONS TESTING AREAS-you must have (cat)s and or smog pump on this and can only do this on the 93,94,95(pre-OBDII).the only way to do it to the 96,97,98 is to use the 5.0 or 5.8 motor with an OBDII compatible FI and Ignition systems and(cat)s.If you dont have emissions testing THEN RUN WILD!Supercharged or Turboed with a set of Borlas or Magnaflows sound good to me.I have a 4V Cleveland and a 93 that are eyeballing each other.(I feel a "Hey!You got your chocolate in my peanut butter" moment coming on).all covered like a Twix bar in 62 Lincoln "Black Cherry"glaze.Yum! Thanks for reading,hope somebody learned something new.(the best shadetree on Fords since 1978).:wave:

Back