stumbleing

Lownslowlsc

Registered
my 97 130k developed a misfire overnight. no cel or codes. as if i had gotten water under the cop covers. ( fixed by getting the water out when i washed the engine).. this is the same stumble but 1000 miles later. i 've been getting 12mpg all summer.(in storage for the winter) no water under the cops though. the maf has been cleaned, new plugs, pcv, iac, air filter and fixed a vacum leak ontop of the manifold. whatsup?

Last edited:
Cracked boot? I don't have experience with the cops, but someone here will tell you about a common problem with them.

Did you put the Code Tester on to look for codes or are you assuming there are no codes because it didn't turn on the CEL???? If so, put the tester on - you may be surprised.

my 97 130k developed a misfire overnight. no cel or codes. as if i had gotten water under the cop covers. ( fixed by getting the water out when i washed the engine).. this is the same stumble but 1000 miles later. i 've been getting 12mpg all summer.(in storage for the winter) no water under the cops though. the maf has been cleaned, new plugs, pcv, iac, air filter and fixed a vacum leak ontop of the manifold. whatsup?

When was the last time you changed the O2 sensors? If they have 130k on them you may just want to change them, especially if you are getting 12 mpg.

I second Boots, but I changed Fuel Filter, cleaned MAF and did a fuel cleaner first before boots, and it was 1 little boot. My Miss was just under light acceleration, idle was a bit strange.

Did you put the Code Tester on to look for codes or are you assuming there are no codes because it didn't turn on the CEL???? If so, put the tester on - you may be surprised.

my mech buddy has a 3k dollor reader and it tells you to the t what voltage amperage ect runs at. Both 02's were working, one alittle better then the other though. As far as i know there org though

I was going to do the fuel filter this winter. Maybe a fuel injecter is messed up. that could fix the stumble and bad mpg. would a bad injector through a code

Last edited:
I was going to do the fuel filter this winter. Maybe a fuel injecter is messed up. that could fix the stumble and bad mpg. would a bad injector through a code

Only if there was something electricially wrong with it. If it was clogged, the O2 would be reading lean, and likely throw a code.

Back