Diesel in tank

Sapperfire

Registered
well, thats what i get for talkin to chicks while im at the pump i guess, $31 in Diesel, is there a drain plug on the gas tank?'
i know that the plug where you hook up an OBD has 2 of the prongs will bypass the computer and let me run the fuel pump there, but i dont know which 2

There is no drain plug.

Your best bet would be to drop the fuel tank, empty it and rinse it with a couple gallons of gas. If the fuel pump has ran any fuel through it at all, purge the fuel lines thoroughly and install a new filter.

ok i think ive found the problem, i originally only thought it was diesel, because a deisel mechanic opened the valve in the left fuel rail and said it was, we soaked a rag in denatured alcohol and stuck it in the air tube and the car started and ran for a few seconds, he then told me to put 2 bottles of Lucas Octane Booster to my tank and run it dry ( ROFL ) no im not doing that,
so i called the gas station where i had gotten gas, they said that the diesel nozzle wont fit in an unleaded gas tank inlet, so..i removed the line from the bottom of the filter, let the filter drip dry, cranked the car a bit, and guess what, no fuel puddle,
.......bad fuel pump?? ill even add, that i changed the fuel filter a week ago, i did the blow through test on the old filter, it was impossible to blow through it, so im thinkin bad pump because the filter was neglected for so long and since the line was open pre-filter while cranking, i should have gotten at least prime ammount ( 1/4 cup) of fuel on the ground

Last edited:
ok i think ive found the problem, i originally only thought it was diesel, because a deisel mechanic opened the valve in the left fuel rail and said it was, we soaked a rag in denatured alcohol and stuck it in the air tube and the car started and ran for a few seconds, he then told me to put 2 bottles of Lucas Octane Booster to my tank and run it dry ( ROFL ) no im not doing that,
so i called the gas station where i had gotten gas, they said that the diesel nozzle wont fit in an unleaded gas tank inlet, so..i removed the line from the bottom of the filter, let the filter drip dry, cranked the car a bit, and guess what, no fuel puddle,
.......bad fuel pump?? ill even add, that i changed the fuel filter a week ago, i did the blow through test on the old filter, it was impossible to blow through it, so im thinkin bad pump because the filter was neglected for so long and since the line was open pre-filter while cranking, i should have gotten at least prime ammount ( 1/4 cup) of fuel on the ground

Failing fuel pump is common...

So a mechanic told you to put 2 bottles of Lucas Octane Booster in a tank full of diesel for a gas engine and said it would be ok to run it dry? If so what a moron.

So a mechanic told you to put 2 bottles of Lucas Octane Booster in a tank full of diesel for a gas engine and said it would be ok to run it dry? If so what a moron.

my thoughts exactly
so yeah i spend about 45 minutes taking the tank out, it was completly FULL, never again will i drop that tank for a pump, im going to install a trap door under the rear seat for access incase theres a next time, ill throw up pics of the process and materials used for gasket
by the way, i checked the relay, which is labeled #1 ( closest to fire-wall) swap it with the center relay #3 ( thats the horn relay), didnt hear humming from tank, dropped mufflers and tank, pulled pump, ran a jumper from the pump pos and neg to battery, still no pump hum

new pump is $290

my thoughts exactly
so yeah i spend about 45 minutes taking the tank out, it was completly FULL, never again will i drop that tank for a pump, im going to install a trap door under the rear seat for access incase theres a next time, ill throw up pics of the process and materials used for gasket
by the way, i checked the relay, which is labeled #1 ( closest to fire-wall) swap it with the center relay #3 ( thats the horn relay), didnt hear humming from tank, dropped mufflers and tank, pulled pump, ran a jumper from the pump pos and neg to battery, still no pump hum

new pump is $290

Return that pump if you haven't installed it yet and get a Walbro 255lph from some of our vendors for around $120.

i called a guy that had a scrapper a few miles away, amazingly enough, he sold the car, but pulled the tank out because he had just put a fuel pump in it and he still had the pump, i got it off him for $30 , but as i said, im installing an access door for the pump incase i ever need another, stay tuned for pics of the trap door install

Back