New York AutoFest July 18, 2010

LeoC2

Registered
It's not too early to begin planning! I've begun working on AutoFest for 2010 and I'd like to see the LOD participate. It's a great show, BadSax came last year and was a lifesaver with a Caddy trunk of beer!

We have an official hotel if anyone needs to spend the night, Hampton Inn Jericho. Details at www.nyautofest.com

Keep track on the website www.nyautofest.com. Be sure to add yourself to the mailing list to be kept up to date.

2010-show-poster.jpg

My father in-law is a 4th degree KoC, and I believe my brother in-law is a 3rd degree so does that mean I get in free?

My father in-law is a 4th degree KoC, and I believe my brother in-law is a 3rd degree so does that mean I get in free?

Freebies by association... I like that idea. By the way, pass this along to the Vette club, perhaps you guys want to come as a group?

Speaking of Vettes, I'm working on the classes and I could use some help separating out the Corvette classes, tell me what you think of this Steve, these are 8 classes, Stock and Modified are separate:
1953 - 1967 Corvette Stock / Modified
1968 - 1982 Corvette Stock / Modified
1984 - 2004 Corvette Stock / Modified
2005 - present Corvette Stock / Modified

If those year separations aren't good can you suggest a better grouping keeping in mind 8 classes total (4 stock, 4 modified.)

Last edited:
Any Mustang experts? My preliminary choice for classes is as follows, 6 classes (3 stock, 3 Modified: )
1964 - 1978 Mustang Stock / Modified
1979 - 1993 Mustang Stock / Modified
1994 - present Mustang Stock / Modified

Any better ideas?

I would put the C4 and C5 in their own class, there will be lots of C5s and there should be enough C4s still around to fill a class. But this would mean 10 classes

Last edited:
The mustang underwent a significant change in '05 both in body work and moving over to the 3V 4.6, so you might consider breaking the stangs there instead?

...you might consider breaking the stangs there instead?

You mean do this? I was hoping to keep to three breakdowns but I'll consider:
1979 - 1993 Mustang Stock / Modified
1994 - 2004 Mustang Stock / Modified
2005 - present Mustang Stock / Modified

or do you mean:

1979 - 2004 Mustang Stock / Modified
2005 - present Mustang Stock / Modified

ALCO-oval.gif

We're pleased to announce that one of the premiere vehicles to be featured in our first annual AutoFest Invitational will be the famed 1909 ALCO-6, the "Black Beast." Lovingly restored by Howard Kroplick right here on Long Island where it won the famed 1909 and 1910 Venderbilt Cup Races. It then went on in 1911 to race in the first Indianapolis 500. Spectators will also get a chance to see the ALCO-6 in action. The 2010 NY AutoFest will feature a special invitational section of exceptional, historic, and rare vehicles.

Ok, booked in the calender... :D

If Steve goes, I may have to bring a Corvette...
which would be fine cause last year the LI Cadillac club had ZERO love for me...
guess I better find a smaller cooler... :D

:D -J

Back