Rear Bumper cover

Sapperfire

Registered
does anyone know for sure if the Gen2 bumper cover will bolt up to a Gen1? im installing new exhaust and i want the cut-outs so the tips can come straight out instead of down

no it will not the trunk lid is different and that made the bumper cover different. there is a notch in the top of a gen 2 rear bumper and not a gen 1 for the trunk lid. you dont need a gen 2 bumper to get the cut outs, ALL 95 and 96 rear bumpers came factory with half round cut outs for the exhaust, in 93 and 94 they had angled tips, but in 95 and 96 they came straight out.

ok so maybe im unsure what the difference is between a gen 1 and a gen 2 year wise, so i just need the rear bumper from a 95 96?
this is the first car ive ever really wanted to rebuild and id like it to be REALLY nice when im done, i want a car i can seriously show off, very hard to do in a DD :(
and this car seems SO complicated, but i love it because its so rare, i have now only seen 6 others than run around my area, and there are 7 others that are scraps or have been abandoned in fields, one i found actually had a tree growing THROUGH the trunk, it was a Diamond Anniversary

Last edited:
here is the visual, its obvious looking at these the difference. the blue one was my old 93, 93-96 all look the same, the black one was my 98 lsc, all 97-98 look the same.

newmarkpics93and98001.jpg

newmarkpics93and98006.jpg

and if you look close, you will see i changed and painted my rear bumper on my blue mark, it was a 93 with a 95 rear bumper, i did a full 2 1/2 inch dual exhaust and found a set of tips very similar to the factory 95-96 tips, so it looked factory but sounded killer.
newmarkpics93and98011.jpg

wow i wish my paint looked that good, i have a few dings and minor dents i need pulled in mine before it gets paint, my crome center strip is very weathered, is there a replacement for those?

Search for FlexChrome HR018C

What he said.:D

That's the number for the flat adhesive back strips for the door and quarter. The angled bumper strips aren't available anymore, but you could probably run a half strip of thick double sided tape on them to get them to stick on at at the right angle.

The angled bumper strips aren't available anymore, but you could probably run a half strip of thick double sided tape on them to get them to stick on at at the right angle.

Whoa, I never knew they were different. I replaced one side of the '96 and decided the bumpers were still good.

Goes to show you can learn something new every day! :D

Back