SCP sway bar bushing

beerdog

Registered
I just got arround to installing sharon's 1-1/8" sway bar from SCP. Addco shipped 1-1/16" center bushings with it. They were not mountable as is. Did everyone else get the same thing? I called Bill at SCP and his initial response was to open them up with a die grinder. I said could buy why...just send me the right size. He arranged that and Addco sent me 1-1/16" bushings again. I just called Adco myself and they said these bushing start with a small bore and that they bore it to the size needed and that they make them slightly smaller. In my opinion, 1-1/16 is way too small. What do you people think?

Attachments

• addco bushing 2.jpg
    addco bushing 2.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 0
  • addco bushing.jpg
    addco bushing.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 0
I forgot to mention that the bushing actually says 1-1/16" on it. What.....is a 1-1/8" bar really supposed to get a 1-1/8" bushing? Hmmmm....I am not sure.

I sent them these pictures and I think they now agree that they are too small. They are going to try a 3rd time.

When I installed my 1-1/4" rear sway bar, I did not measure the bushings but do recall them being tight fit. I used washers under the bracket at the bolt end to make up the room for the bigger bar and bushing, but that's all I had to do.

They sent me new bushings that were somewhat bored out. Still had to use the washer under the bolt end. I used the extra 8 washers included in the hardware kit. Sure does make a difference. Doing 360's is so much.

Back