after market Fuel injectors

beerdog

Registered
Since both our cars are over 100K miles and I just had 1 injector go bad we probably have ot start thinking about replacing them all. Buying hem from the dealer is out of the question at 135$ each. The second option is the typical Bosch replacement at O'Rieleys but those are 65$ each. SCP and summit has 24# inctors forlike 250$ for a set. Is this a viable alternative?

Sorry, I don't have any answers here, but I do have some questions. Is this a common problem?

I've driven these cars for years and I haven't had any problems with injectors as far as I know. What usually goes wrong with the injectors? Is it just a random failure or do they all go bad eventually when one turns out to be bad?

I guess the reason I ask is, with all the injectors I have, if I did have one fail, I think I would want to replace just that one and wait until another one failed?:)

I don't recall people having a bad injector very often, and that is being on theses forums for 12 years. Not sure it is something you need to proactive replace.

Injectors RARELY go bad (on fords non diesel), and if they do it is usually 1 and its a fluke.

I have had 4 fords for 400k miles, and not a single injector failure.

Dog, you just should replace the one injector, and yes they are 24lb. Bigger injectors alone will do nothing good for you. Injectors typically last a long time.

Bigger injectors on a stock engine will actually hurt performance and mileage a little.

It has to do with the discrete number of 'steps' that the ECM has to work with. Bigger injectors have less 'fidelity', and are not able to dial in optimum fuel deliver as well as smaller injectors...again, for stock engines only.

Bigger injectors on a stock engine will actually hurt performance and mileage a little.

It has to do with the discrete number of 'steps' that the ECM has to work with. Bigger injectors have less 'fidelity', and are not able to dial in optimum fuel deliver as well as smaller injectors...again, for stock engines only.

So bigger is not always better. Hey baby don't laugh i have more fidelity :D

Injectors RARELY go bad (on fords non diesel), and if they do it is usually 1 and its a fluke.

I have had 4 fords for 400k miles, and not a single injector failure.

There you go Mike... get "1"... :D :D :D

then take the $ you saved by only buying 1 and get something nice for Sharon... :D :D :D

:D -J

Back