FS: Gen 2 HID Aftermarket Upgrade Adapters

DLF

Registered
If you want to install an aftermarket HID kit in your Gen 2, you'll need adapters. These are designed to secure 9005 bulbs. See THIS post for details.

Made from Delrin.

$80 shipped via USPS Priority (US only).

Attachments

• HPIM1027.jpg
    HPIM1027.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 0
I think I got a bit greedy with these.... :eek: But they did take an hour and a half to make.

New price, $55 shipped (US only).

DLF, Have you done a search of old messages on this subject? Has the issue of focus of the bulb become a non issue. Back when, there was a flury of info on this subject and I was just wondering that since you werent around then if you were even aware of the focus issues.

Doug are you making these on a regular basis or is this the only set? I ask because when someday Moose will require new eyes I'll need the adaptors. If you're making them when people want them then I'll wait for that day, otherwise I'll buy these now.

Doug are you making these on a regular basis or is this the only set? I ask because when someday Moose will require new eyes I'll need the adaptors. If you're making them when people want them then I'll wait for that day, otherwise I'll buy these now.

I made a jig, so I can make a pair whenever you want them.

DLF, Have you done a search of old messages on this subject? Has the issue of focus of the bulb become a non issue. Back when, there was a flury of info on this subject and I was just wondering that since you werent around then if you were even aware of the focus issues.

I'm aware of those issues, but I didn't see a problem when I did the conversion on my LSC.

Did the 9005 bulb seal tight inside the reflector ?

I used both of them the 9005 and 9006. I remember one of them fitting better than the other (since the o-ringed lip is bigger on one of them), but that's where the memory runs out.

I used both of them the 9005 and 9006. I remember one of them fitting better than the other (since the o-ringed lip is bigger on one of them), but that's where the memory runs out.

I wouldn't call it tight, there was a bit of slop, but not much.

hey doug how much will you knock off each pair if i buy multiples, i want one pair for myself for my 97 and a few pairs to keep for customers who want conversions, it would be nice to keep some in stock.

I've looked into this a bit, and the 9006 bulbs would be a bettter fit. I may change over to the 9006 bulbs someday.

i have aluminum ones that mafioso made from lvc for 9005 bulbs, if you notch yours they should fit tight, mine do.

IMG_0050.jpg

i have aluminum ones that mafioso made from lvc for 9005 bulbs, if you notch yours they should fit tight, mine do.

That's not the issue.

The issue is the diameter of the existing hole in the housing vs. the diameter of the o-ring on the bulb base.

Back