94 Mark VIII Convertible Progress Thread

k9t8m

Registered
I have decided instead of posting a new thread everytime I decided to hop on the bandwagon and make a progress thread for my newly acquired 94 convertible. Ill try to update the post as I replace\restore parts, and ill try to include pics whenever possible

If you havnt already read the back story on it, here is the original post:

http://www.lincolnsofdistinction.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28149

As of 1-3-09 The air ride is back to normal. I swapped in a newish compressor, drivers air strut, and compressor relay, and everything is good to go as far as the air ride is concerned. Here is a pic I took of it today.

29ehjpk.jpg

Check your tire pressures...that front one looks low enough to blow when you don't really want it to.

Check your tire pressures...that front one looks low enough to blow when you don't really want it to.

Im puttin new wheels on it today. Its SUPER low but i didnt worry about it because i know its not going to be on there long.

nope. I decided to hold off. I dont really have any tires to put on it, so ill let these sit all winter. Id rather flat spot the junk tires than brand new ones.

boy you need to get closer to where i am, not only do i have that black interior but i have about 18 tires as well, 4 of which are brand new lol.

IL to FL is just a good day's drive... :D

You could make a weekend of it...
Plus it's warm down there... or at least warmer then IL...

:D -J

IL to FL is just a good day's drive... :D

You could make a weekend of it...
Plus it's warm down there... or at least warmer then IL...

It is all relative, the news said parts of FL will get to a balmy just below freezing temps in some parts, that is going to be warmer then then zero deg wind chill temps temps we will be getting :D

OJ prices will go up if the orange crops get freeze damage :frown:

It is all relative, the news said parts of FL will get to a balmy just below freezing temps in some parts, that is going to be warmer then then zero deg wind chill temps temps we will be getting :D

I like that it's the temperature that is "relative"...
not the driving... :D

One thing I learned when I lived in FL, there is an orange crop crisis of some sort every year. You would think they'd all be dead by now! LOL :D

Bahh...our CA oranges can make up the slack...:)

I finally took the car home from the shop yesterday. The car drives absolutely fantastic. Ill start gathering parts over the winter and really hit it hard in the spring.

I finally got some work done on the convertible today. I really dont have any extra money to spend on it at the moment, but I can at least get things ready. I took off the hood, rear bumper, and decklid. Wasnt too bad. The bumper SUCKED to get off with the POS trailer hitch in the way. Note to self: remove hitch before installing bumper

I plan on getting those 3 in paint within the next couple weeks. I think I have decided to paint the jambs as well, so eventually the doors will have to come off and be taken apart, but that isnt until I get the 3 parts I took off today painted and the car actually taken back down to the shop.

I had planned on working on the vert in my parents garage, but it didnt work out that way. It is currently being stored in a 40x70 morton building and the door was frozen in about 3" of ice so I couldnt get the door open. Its been in the 40's all week and I just figured it had melted, but I guess I was wrong.

Here are a couple pics.

w2oi7r.jpg

2sb4d39.jpg

156s2s9.jpg

2qdaj38.jpg

I think it looks like a hearse with the cover on it lol. the mark viii hearse, wouldnt that be great!!!

Last edited:
Back