Installing Sirius Radio

Bruinzfan

Registered
Hi all! Hope you all had a Safe and Happy New Years Eve!!

I want to install a mount for my new Sirius radio that was purchased for me for Christmas (Thanks Dad). I wont be doing this until the spring. I want it in time for the drive to Carlisle!!

My question is this. I dont care for the FM connections that they try to set every car up with for these units. There are units out there that plug into the back of the unit if the heads are CD changer ready. I have the single player in my Mark. I know the Marks, (from what i have seen), that came with the changers had a cassette up front. Does anyone know if the single player is capble of controling a changer as well? If not I will be relegate to the the FM Connection. Which will deffinately better than going without.

Thanks all, I apprciate it.

Keith

It is not! HOWEVER, there is an optional FM connection that I purchased at Best Buys (for XM-but they are prob the same) that pretty much locks out all but the Sat. signal. Much, much better than the standard FM re-transmitter that comes with the radio.

Sorry, I don't have the model number available, but the Best Buy clerk should know.....

Last edited:
awesome, I have stock in Sirius, lol. Need more people to subscribe!

Thanks Bud. That is the route I will go for the Mark. As for the LS and the Excursion I will be doing a direct connect since that is actually going to give better sound. Both of those radios have the connection to run a remote changer. I do not want to change the factory radio in the Mark so I will go with the connection that you are referring to. My dad gave me one with the set up. And you are deffinately correct that it is better than the typical FM Modulator that they always sold for the simple connection.

Thank you very much.

Keith

I've got direct connect with my new Kenwood also (birthday present from dad). It's got front iPod and USB hookup. Don't need to fiddle with CD and mp3 discs anymore!

Back