Help Choose My New Wheels

arc23usn

Registered
Well with Tax Return coming up, I'm looking into some new wheels for the MarkVIII, I've narrowed it down to a few I like, would just like some input on which ones you guys like best.
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whee...alse&filterBrand=All&filterNew=All&sort=Price
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...96&pc=72939&counter=1&wd=18&rw=7.5&vid=001150
http://www.wheelsnext.com/wheels-rims/BOSS-Boss 318-Chrome.html
or some cobra r's

these four are my favorite, i'm open to more, but after a lot of searching I like these 4 the best, and I like the look of a 5spoke even more, help me choose!

I am biased, but I like the 'bullitt' type wheels:

Image155.jpg

You can't go wrong with bullitt rims... I don't tend to like rims with a flat face, the first one has a nice deep lip, but I wonder how they will look on the car.

IMO it's hard to find rims for these cars that make them look classy and or sporty, and not ghetto fabulous... :D

Good luck!!!

:D -J

I like the 1st ones. Then again, I always want to be different and it seems there are a lot of 5 spokes out there already, so I avoid them.

I still love the cobra r wheels or the 03 cobra wheels. I think the designs of those two wheels compliment the shape of the car well.

i think the fr500s look pretty good, any better shots with your car with them?
i really like the cobra r wheels too on these vehicles, the first wheels and cobra r's are my top choice right now

The FR500's are not plug and play but require a hub swap. Several Cobra 5-spoke replica's and Bullit style are available in the Mark VIII bolt pattern. This thread here has the best pics of the FR500s's on my car so far as it has been hibernating since I've had them. ;)

I'm getting ready to do a spring conversion on my 98 LSC and want 18" wheels as well. My question is, would it be best to do a hub Mustang conversion while I'm at it? There are very few wheels I like for the Mark.;) I really like the 500's!

The hub conversion is a good idea so you can up grade the brakes... :D

your car will be sad with out bags... :p

:D -J

I'm getting ready to do a spring conversion on my 98 LSC and want 18" wheels as well. My question is, would it be best to do a hub Mustang conversion while I'm at it? There are very few wheels I like for the Mark.;) I really like the 500's!

If you want more wheels choices, then yes a hub swap is the way to go. It is also a good time to upgrade the brakes. The following link has all the details.

MN-12 to SN-95 Bolt Circle Change and Brake Upgrades

Here's my recently completed Black Chrome 18x9, 18x10 FR500 install, complete with hub swap and 2004 Cobra brake upgrade. Tires are 255 on the front and 285 on the rear. It's still dirty, but it should look super awesome once it's all cleaned up.

IMG_0687.JPG

IMG_0713.JPG

IMG_0712.JPG

One more cuz I like it a lot! lol.
IMG_0714.JPG

Of the choices linked in the first post, I like the Zinik best.
Overall, I like the Bullitt, or as I bought, Saleen Speedstar replicas:

The black fr500 on the black mark look awesome too!

Attachments

• MZ Mark8 back (small).JPG
    MZ Mark8 back (small).JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 0
Back