Home Events Forums Lincoln Technology Rides Merchandise

Car of the Month
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Woe is me

Thanks

Wow JP I can't believe you used the C word on a Ford forum. What would be wrong with maybe looking at some of the new mustangs.The twin turbo Ford SHO is a rocket even though it's front wheel drive it produces 365 HP.
    Last edited by mag; 01-12-2018 at 09:10 AM.

Thanks

From what I understand Mass is now using 5-6 cameras and microphones. As soon as the camera sees something, or the microphone hears something it stops the inspection and rejects the car. Having a friendly inspector doesn't seem to be an option anymore. But, we'll see what happens come inspection time for my cars. Others are getting rejected left and right.
    But the cars are old, I'm actually afraid to drive them sometimes in case some one hits me. I am upset that neither Ford or Lincoln have anything I want. I only have the Z as it's a company car. It's a nice car, AWESOME actually, but not what I really want. Blah on the mustang, they're not for me, way too many of them. Hell no on the Camaro. Was behind a convertible one the other day, No Thank You.
    My Vert is nice, but its not solid enough for me to put on bigger rims to allow for bigger brakes to actually stop the thing when she gets moving. I'd love to sink money into the vert to completely upgrade the structure, remove the current framing and channel the floor for actual frame rails. But I can't find anyone local that will do the work. There are only a few places out here in Mass, and the one I really want to do the work (Chris Cerce Customs) doesn't seem to want to do the work.

If there was a new Mark with 2 doors and RWD i'd likely buy one. I have absolutely no passion for ANY new car out there right now. At least not any in my price range, which a flagship lincoln is.
    MR. HYDE

The Build

Thanks
    Thanked 1,967 Times in 1,087 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mag View Post
    What would be wrong with maybe looking at some of the new mustangs.
    Quote Originally Posted by warden View Post
    Blah on the mustang, they're not for me, way too many of them.
    Exactly.

(Although I may want to revaluate that if they put the new 10 speed automatic in a GT350R.)

If there was a new Mark with 2 doors and RWD i'd likely buy one.
    I've actually used that line at the dealer.

Thanks

Just gotta register them in Minnesota, and since they're registered here you will have to store them here. Mike and I can assist with that!

Seriously though, just have a new exhaust made that is super quiet that you can swap on every inspection season, then go back to the one you have now. Or like Mike said, can you register them as "Classic"? That's how I've gotten around a few regulations here.
    Eric
    -00 Honda Accord (The MPG'er)
    -97 Mark VIII Base (The Row'er)
    -95 Mark VIII LSC (The Go'er)
    -14 Model T touring (The Show'er)
    -Rebuilding the T

Thanks

It doesn't matter how you register here. If the car is different from stock for ride height, window tint, sound, etc it fails. I'll need new exhausts for both, new tint for Hyde, new seat belts for the vert, and don't know what else.

I work a lot. When I'm out of work I want to drive, not work on the cars. I'd just love to have a new one as well as my 8's. Always couldn't wait till I could afford a new Lincoln Mark. Now that I can, there isn't one I'd pay 2 cents for.
    Last edited by warden; 01-13-2018 at 07:30 AM.
    MR. HYDE

The Build

Thanks
    Thanked 1,088 Times in 617 Posts

What's wrong with the belts?

Bill
    1994 Deep Jewel Green 183,142 miles
    1997 White LSC 135k miles
    1998 White Collectors Edition 175k
    1994 Black (#2) 100k miles
    1993 Deep Jewel Green Convertible

Thanks

My Vert is nice, but its not solid enough for me to put on bigger rims to allow for bigger brakes to actually stop the thing when she gets moving. I'd love to sink money into the vert to completely upgrade the structure, remove the current framing and channel the floor for actual frame rails. But I can't find anyone local that will do the work. There are only a few places out here in Mass, and the one I really want to do the work (Chris Cerce Customs) doesn't seem to want to do the work.

If there was a new Mark with 2 doors and RWD i'd likely buy one. I have absolutely no passion for ANY new car out there right now. At least not any in my price range, which a flagship lincoln is.
    What the vert needs.
    https://www.artmorrison.com/convertibleframe.php
    Only one place I know to do it, and up the power level.

As far as passing insp, I would be on the phone with local clubs and hot rod shops to find the worm hole.

Thanks

I guess no one drives anything "performance" in MASS...California has the stricktest emission laws in the country yet noise is not an issue...I hear Challengers and Mustangs from miles away with their obnoxious exhaust yet they pass emissions.
    INSPECTIONS are senseless unless RUST poses a safety concern, IMHO

Just go get a nice stock marauder.
    You'll fit
    they have power
    RWD
    bulletproof chassis
    Last edited by BlackIceLSC; 01-13-2018 at 11:26 AM.

Thanks

I have never heard of decibel inspections but obviously you can't run open headers or something like that. (Not saying that's what you have). There are plenty good low restrictive mufflers that meet code and gotta have the cats( whether we like them or not). Second maybe get specialty tags.

Thanks

I disagree that inspections are senseless. Most states now only do emissions though. There are so many beater cars on the road that jeopardize us all.