New Location and More

Lonnie

Blue Oval Chips
Just wanted to let everyone know I’m was in the process of moving to a new location over the holiday period if anyone had trouble getting a hold of me. I also took off for a few days for Xmas. I’m about 3 weeks behind on my emails also since there was in Internet out this way and I had to go with a satellite setup and wait for the weather to allow the install and then my part of the install.

I’m now in the new locations, home and shop but I’m still working on setting up the new building besides the typical house chores. The phone number is the same 317 718-7231 so if you want to place any orders or check on status you will need to call me.

The website took a serious hit by some hacker right before Xmas. The good news is that the secure stuff is on a totally different server so this hacker was only able to destroy the old website by wiping the index page and all the templates. To recover I had to start all over with new software with more security than the older stuff. I just got the site up a couple days ago but it is nowhere near finished. Normally one would wait until a site is fully completed before releasing it but I needed to get something up to continue the business. I currently do not have Pay Pal setup yet besides all the products so bare with me please. If you need something and I it isn’t up on the site yet or working properly just give me a call or email me. My email is the same, lonnie@blueovalchips.com or use the contact us on the site.
Basically I’m starting from scratch all over again. My backup was not compatible with the newer software so when the backup was installed it totally scrambled up the products. The site is more or less a straight shopping cart right now also since the hacker wiped out all the tech and info pages also. I have some of the old stuff on another computer that I’ll have to resurrect to pull stuff off the hard drive and update it. But right now the biggest concern is getting the products up for you and so I can continue with the business.

An example is all the products that you see on my site; when you open them you will see that the descriptions are not complete and or options are missing. Each one has to be reentered because if I just try and make a change to fix the dropped portions from the backup files from the old shopping cart it then drops the pictures or something else in the product page or the product just goes away. I don’t have as much space in the tile as I had in the old software also so a lot of the old text and coding won’t fit and then it gets cut. Then on top of that it scrambled them all up in the wrong categories and even the related products are scrambled. Don’t get me wrong this is good software, the problem is going jumping from an old version up 2 versions to the latest, for instance going from a 2.x.x to a 4.x.x.

The bad news is that anyone that had an account on the website it is now lost so you will have to reregister. This means I no longer have your email or shipping addresses anymore in the data base. I’m sorry for the inconvenience but it shouldn’t take too long to get this back up and going like before. Thank you for all your support.

Was the hacker a personal enemy or some random nutjob?

I have my thoughts of who it was but no proof. And then I could be totally off base. They have contacted me by email and left voice mails bragging about it and that I can't stop them during the whole attack. I would patch the area and get the site back up and then they would hack it again due to the older software's vulnerability then contact me just to taunt me. This went 3 rounds until I was convinced that I couldn't keep him out with the older software. That along with a whole lot of very foul language. The only email sent I could not trace the IP address, it came up invalid. As for the phone calls, I missed all of them but they left the voice mails like I said. When trying to trace them they came up with nothing and said they most likely used Skype to make the calls so they couldn't be traced. The voice I do not recognize.

The first time I just thought I got hit by some spy or add ware bot that searches for holes and then uses the site for a spam center. But when I got back from Xmas and heard the voice mail I knew it wasn't that simple. I've also added a Captcha to the contact page so that will keep out the bots since you have to actually see the coding and then type it as it is displayed where a bot can't see this.

So you see my plate is pretty full right now with moving into another house and a new shop, then setting them both up on top of now having to deal with this and rebuild a new website. Then figure the loss I'm incurring during this. Allot of people thought I had gone under and so went elsewhere. Then the cost of the new software and my time lost in dealing with it all.

I totally forgot the put out the new address also

5160 W County Road 150 S
Danville, IN 46122

Wow Lonnie, sorry to hear about that. I hope your 2010 goes much better and things are up and running for you soon.

Wow Lonnie, sorry to hear about that. I hope your 2010 goes much better and things are up and running for you soon.

Thanks Sharon, It's already better with the move to the new place so there's a good start...:D

I have my thoughts of who it was but no proof. And then I could be totally off base. They have contacted me by email and left voice mails bragging about it and that I can't stop them during the whole attack. I would patch the area and get the site back up and then they would hack it again due to the older software's vulnerability then contact me just to taunt me. This went 3 rounds until I was convinced that I couldn't keep him out with the older software. That along with a whole lot of very foul language. The only email sent I could not trace the IP address, it came up invalid. As for the phone calls, I missed all of them but they left the voice mails like I said. When trying to trace them they came up with nothing and said they most likely used Skype to make the calls so they couldn't be traced. The voice I do not recognize.

The first time I just thought I got hit by some spy or add ware bot that searches for holes and then uses the site for a spam center. But when I got back from Xmas and heard the voice mail I knew it wasn't that simple. I've also added a Captcha to the contact page so that will keep out the bots since you have to actually see the coding and then type it as it is displayed where a bot can't see this.

So you see my plate is pretty full right now with moving into another house and a new shop, then setting them both up on top of now having to deal with this and rebuild a new website. Then figure the loss I'm incurring during this. Allot of people thought I had gone under and so went elsewhere. Then the cost of the new software and my time lost in dealing with it all.

I totally forgot the put out the new address also

5160 W County Road 150 S
Danville, IN 46122

Wow.

If you have any info or data from the guy, a buddy of mine might be able to help find out who it is. He's got mad skills. He's on a government watch list...I'll stop there.

Hopefully you can fully recover from this stupidity soon! For my sake too, i was hoping to bring my car out there in the next few weeks for a transmission upgrade/swap, but wasn't able to make any progress at the website, so was about to give up. Hopefully you aren't too far behind, i've been planning on doing this before i move cross country next month. I guess I'll give you a call to make sure.

....I assume you are still dealing with putting the web-site back up to spec, as their are no transmissions for sale?

Yes I'm still working on building the new website. I don't have the transmission stuff setup yet in the shop either. My plan is to at least get my valve body kits and Jmods going again in the next two weeks though.

Thanks for the offer but no thanks. Don't take this wrong and anything but so far I've used so called friends and actual professional businesses as webmasters and every one of them turned out bad. I have had my website held for ransom more or less when the person wanted something from me other than conducting business like free tuning and so on even though I was paid up to date by changing my passwords and not giving it up. It always takes months to get anything done when someone else is doing it or it doesn't get done at all. None of them ever proof read anything they put in and so I would have make them redo it over and over and then they wanted more money to fix THEIR mistakes. I've had forum / website owners not from here want to host and run my site for trades in things like Life Time Member or free sponsorship if I provided free lifetime tuning and or parts, I don't play that game and why I'm now only a sponsor on 2 sites vice the 8 I used to be on. The last one charged me $50 for each new product they entered on the website telling me each one took hours to do. When I figured it out myself if I had all the needed info for the text section I could add a product in about 5 - 10 minutes. If they were common products that didn't need descriptions or very short one I could do it in less than 2 minutes and I was being charged $50 each for them, that's BS. So I'll struggle through it and do it myself.

Last edited:
Back