Wtb: Neon Assembly

Mad1stGen

Registered
I am looking for a working 97-98 Neon taillight, preferably LSC, any color will do.
The reflector has to be absolutely clear of any mold or other issues.
The trim can be pitted, dented, what have you, it's coming off anyway.
No ballast needed.

Thanks !

Last edited:
I have been contemplating selling mine since I am looking to buy a house. It is a new black LSC, it has never been on a car, the only issue is on the upper right corner the painted molding is bent up a bit. My guess was it probably a return on a new replacement part due to that. The reflector is as perfect as you are going to get unless there is another NIB out there.

I was going to put it on e-bay hoping I could get top dollar, I think they were around $800 new retail. Not sure what it would be worth now since I don't you don't see any new show up on eBay anymore. I guess most people would be ok with used unless they were doing a restoration for a show car.
If you are interested let me know and I can take photos and PM me an offer. Or it may just show up on eBay next week now that you got me thinking about it :D

Steve that is something exactly what I need. I would be swapping the trim from mine as it's already off and ready to be installed on a donor assy.
I am not paying $800 for it though, or anything near that amount. I am reasonable though. I have almost any 97-98 part you can think of too, well except the neon.
Let me know what you need for it and we'll see if it's worth your time taking pictures.

It would want to sell it complete with the ballast. If you choose to get it you can part it out or keep it on this one since it is like new. (I saw a completed eBay listing where used ballast sold for $134.99 + s/h in December, not everyone knows about the after market one) Just full discloser, I got this way back to use as part of a lighted display so I clipped off the connector to to test it on a 12v power supply i had. I never got around to around to hooking it up permanently it so it just sat on top of my display cases. It still think it would look cool all lite up in a family room. So if you don't want it i may change my mind and keep it. I still have the connector and there is plenty of lead left to splice it back as you can see from the photo.

If I put it on ebay it will be as a buy it now for $399 + s/h, if I keep it up for a month or two I am sure someone will bite since it will bolt right on a nice black LSC.
If you want it i will sell it for $300 + the shipping cost. Right now i don't have a box for it and may have to take it to the UPS store but i rather not due to what they will charge. So i don't know what shipping will be. It will be an odd box due to the length, i can see if i can gather some boxes up to tape together. Then i can get a better idea on the shipping cost.

neon_tail.jpg

P3190336.jpg

P1020745.jpg

The upper right corner is bent up a bit shown here.
P1020741.jpg

P1020732.jpg

P1020736.jpg

P1020737.jpg

P1020738.jpg

P1020742.jpg

P1020743.jpg

FS: Black LSC neon assembly

FS: Black LSC neon assembly

Well, as it turns out, I won't be needing this neon afterall. I was able to find one in matching trim color, and although it needs some repairs, it will work fine for me.

SO, the black LSC neon assembly as pictured above is for sale. It is as nice as it shows, if not nicer. I can take close up pictures of anything you want.
I am asking what I have in it from LOD members in need ... $330 + shipping.
It will be shipped with good insurance, direct signature required, over packaged with lots of bubble wrap.

Last edited:
Back