Sierra 3 is toast.

Sierra3

Registered
4464_1108674850099_1623663282_29713.jpg
Well the car is, but ill be building another one. Finally settled with insurance company and going to total it and buy it back for parts. :(

No use crying over spilt milk. I have to hunt another one now. It might take some time to find it but officially this blue cars VIN will be destroyed thanks to FL laws. I cant run it with a salvage title like in many other states.

Ahh well back to the drawing board. Damn, i was almost finished with this one too cept for the stinkin welding of the aluminum air pipes so they wouldn't blow off anymore, and install of the mustang hydro boost brakes.

http://
JeffsCrashedMarkVIII015.jpg

JeffsCrashedMarkVIII006.jpg

i don't understand why its totaled though? All I see is that the grill is smashed in???

+1

looks like a little light nose damage...?

P.S. unless there is some insurance inspection, my experience has been that the tow people don't care what condition the car is in when they take it away... so grab everything you want off the car if you can...

:D -J

+1

looks like a little light nose damage...?

P.S. unless there is some insurance inspection, my experience has been that the tow people don't care what condition the car is in when they take it away... so grab everything you want off the car if you can...

You'll likely get away with it, but it is still technically stealing.

Besides, the insurance is required by law to reimburse you for any permanent upgrades you did to the car. Sway bars, torque converters, diff, Nology wires (don't laugh, insurance reimbursed me the full $300 on my 93 because they have a never-ending warranty), fuel pressure regulator...basically anything that does not typically wear out over time. Turbos and superchargers would also be reimbursed. My insurance company actually gave me the option of removing the upgrades and keeping them or just 'buying' them from me. I got to keep my aftermarket amp this way. I was also partially reimbursed for the recently installed performance tranny that went into it a year earlier.

Don't think that would work in NJ unless you had sent all receipts prior to any claims to the insurance company an had an agreed upon value due to the upgrades. Your rates are based on the value of the car, if you do something to increase the value of the car beyond normal maintenance and repairs the the insurance company will raise the rates.

You'll likely get away with it, but it is still technically stealing.

Besides, the insurance is required by law to reimburse you for any permanent upgrades you did to the car. Sway bars, torque converters, diff, Nology wires (don't laugh, insurance reimbursed me the full $300 on my 93 because they have a never-ending warranty), fuel pressure regulator...basically anything that does not typically wear out over time. Turbos and superchargers would also be reimbursed. My insurance company actually gave me the option of removing the upgrades and keeping them or just 'buying' them from me. I got to keep my aftermarket amp this way. I was also partially reimbursed for the recently installed performance tranny that went into it a year earlier.

if youre going to buy it back, and want to sell any of the parts off of it, ill buy the hood, trunk lid ( with all the spoiler pieces), and the rear bumper

Keeping the car. Got wayy to much invested in mods.

Keeping the car. Got wayy to much invested in mods.

They took the price to buy it back off of what they will give me. After fighting them and sending about an inch of paperwork over the fax amchine they came up to my reasonable total/replacement price.
Im on the hunt now for a replacement car.
This one will be going into storage and locked up for the time being. The title to it will be destroyed. Damn shame if you ask me, FL laws on salvage titles...... My 1/4 panels and body work doesnt have a single dent, scratch, or nick in them and are all true. Except for the nose now. Even my floorpans and suspension are rust free underneath.
It will take some time before i can find another one in same clean condition to replace it i assume.
Got bigger things on the table at the moment, and this is going to be put on the backburner till i find an equal rust free 1st gen Mark to replace her and start to conversion all over again. The second time around will go alot faster im sure. As ive been there and know what to do now without hitting head on the brick wall comming up with ways to make it fit. Alot of things can be substituted and would of saved me alot of work, had i known back then.
Live and learn. haha But yeah, im keeping the car. It will be going to sleep for a while in garage till i find his new brother.

Don't think that would work in NJ unless you had sent all receipts prior to any claims to the insurance company an had an agreed upon value due to the upgrades. Your rates are based on the value of the car, if you do something to increase the value of the car beyond normal maintenance and repairs the the insurance company will raise the rates.

That's what I thought too...but they never raised my rates. And they reimbursed me the FULL upgrade price when shown the receipts.

I still don't understand how the consumer ends up with the 'big' end of the stick...must be some nazi CA law...

Jeff, I hate to say it, but I told you how to get the car back. You should've had it fixed and then argued with the insurance company. It would have been in their best interest then to appease you by simply paying the tab because it would've been a LOT less than the check they wrote you.

Bottom line is the insurance company will take the easy road every time.

You just have to make the other road more difficult. ;)

It's too late for Sierra 3 now, but let this be a lesson to others!

I know, i agree with you John.

I know, i agree with you John.

I weighed both options, and decided to total it anyways. Im wierd with past vehicles about fixing frame issues. They always got "bad mojo" with me after that in my mind and never seem right after that no matter how much cash you throw at them.
It was time to move on and get a black LSC. Its just going to take some time to go hunting through all the older peoples garages and make an offer.

Now wheres that house list of older people with black LSCs barely driven and garaged their whole life sheet? The hunt begins....
LOL

I weighed both options, and decided to total it anyways. Im wierd with past vehicles about fixing frame issues. They always got "bad mojo" with me after that in my mind and never seem right after that no matter how much cash you throw at them.
It was time to move on and get a black LSC. Its just going to take some time to go hunting through all the older peoples garages and make an offer.

Now wheres that house list of older people with black LSCs barely driven and garaged their whole life sheet? The hunt begins....
LOL

You can start with Craiglist.
:)

Its just going to take some time to go hunting through all the older peoples garages and make an offer.

LOL

Hey... Steve's not that old... :D :D :D

Hey... Steve's not that old... :D :D :D

haha I didnt say that. Old or young people either or, id rather buy from the older generation couple. More likely to have the car inside a garage and out of the weather for long periods of time and only taken out on weekends or sundays.
Also more likely to not have been abused and flogged by a younger kid and also not have a molested wiring harness under the dash cause most of them keep the stock radio in place.

haha Jesus, i should talk. Just about everything i touched on my blue car was modded or replaced with a go fast goodie replacement. Im no prime example of a "keep it factory" person, but thats who i want to buy from when the time comes.

Back