Any Factory 17" or 18" Wheels?

eunospeed

Registered
Guys, I know the Mustang hub swap will fix my problem but I was wondering if there are any 17" or 18" factory wheels that will fit my 98LSC? Tirerack has a few 18" wheels I like but I would rather go oem if possible. I did a search, is Volvo the only one?

Thanks,
E-Speed

Not really any available. LS wheels have the correct bolt pattern but are 1" narrower, and dont have the correct offfset for Marks.

John,

Ford did offer a silver five spoke 17" wheel for the Thunderbird ! I have seen about three sets for sale in the last five years !

Good Luck,
Sonny

Come to think of it, I recently saw pics of a 1st gen MarkVIII with a set of late model Thunderbird chrome wheels on it. I think they are 17"s, but I dont know what the offset is. These were 6 spoke I believe.

Yes you can use the LS/T bird rims but you have to use "spacers" to get them to come out of the body... since they run too much positive offset.

Aftermarket is the best way to go.

do the Mustang hubs swap right over? think itll be easier finding rims to fit those anyway

Yea but you'll need new brake calipers/rotors and a rear brake caliper relocation kit.

or you can go the cheap way and re'drill your stock rotors.

well i need new rotors anyway, guess i can find some scrap yard calipers and just rebuild them, much cheaper than a new caliper, the metal in a caliper is rarely ever what goes wrong with them, basically a non wear item since they make the square cut seal/ dust boot kit, which year Mustang would i convert it to? strictly Cobra or do the GT mustangs work?
who sells the relocation kit for the rear brakes?

aftermarket best bet,hardest part is finding what you like in 5x108.offsets 35 to 45 no problem 7 to 8.5 width.unless u want wide tires 265 thru 295. i,ve got 10x19 on rear with 295/35 wheel has 50 offset and is inside wheelwells. i did roll fender lip no spacer

Back