Help Choose My New Wheels

If the black FR500s had chrome lips, that would be the BadSaxillac wheel of choice. ;)

Of the choices linked in the first post, I like the Zinik best.
Overall, I like the Bullitt, or as I bought, Saleen Speedstar replicas:

The black fr500 on the black mark look awesome too!

The Saleens are my favorite wheels on a mark. but staggered FR500's look great.

Attachments

• DSC_1242_sized.jpg
    DSC_1242_sized.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 0
  • HPIM0862.jpg
    HPIM0862.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 0
If the black FR500s had chrome lips, that would be the BadSaxillac wheel of choice. ;)

Ain't that the truth... :D :D :D

2258623260039881733S600x600Q85.jpg

2902590870039881733S600x600Q85.jpg

2550131080039881733S600x600Q85.jpg

2688353880039881733S600x600Q85.jpg

Are these 30mm/40mm offset or 36mm/45mm ?

Thanks !

These are the 30/40mm ones. After all those millions of questions I asked you months ago, this is what I decided on. 18's, 9in front, 10in rear, 255's on the front, 285's on the rear. The e-brake cable rubbed on the rims on both sides, but I wired them to the sway bar, so it's all good now. The only things left are to roll the fenders (tires rub on big bumps), and cut the axle shaft stubs so the caps fit. Got any recommendations on cutting the shafts?

The only things left are to roll the fenders (tires rub on big bumps), and cut the axle shaft stubs so the caps fit. Got any recommendations on cutting the shafts?

Weird, I didn't have any issues with the axle shaft stubs preventing the centercaps from fitting.

How are you rolling the fenders? I'm also considering doing the same.

Yeah, I've heard it from others that the stubs stick out on mustang wheels, I guess you're just lucky.
I'm not sure about the fenders yet. There's a customizing shop here in town that'll do it for $65 so I may go with them. If not, I'll try the baseball bat method.

There's a customizing shop here in town that'll do it for $65 so I may go with them.

I thought the same, since come spring the car needs to go in and get the rocker panels touched up (and possibly do something with the hood). I'd just assume leave the fender rolling to someone with experience.

These are the 30/40mm ones. After all those millions of questions I asked you months ago, this is what I decided on. 18's, 9in front, 10in rear, 255's on the front, 285's on the rear. The e-brake cable rubbed on the rims on both sides, but I wired them to the sway bar, so it's all good now. The only things left are to roll the fenders (tires rub on big bumps), and cut the axle shaft stubs so the caps fit. Got any recommendations on cutting the shafts?

The combo looks good. Black wheels look small though, so you could've gotten away with a bigger size, especially on a black car IMHO.
But if you drive it then 18" is max livable size on pothole filled streets.

Cutting the axle stubs ? Never had the need, so no real experience there. Will cutting off the unthreaded portion be enough ? JP's caps from the MKS fit ok, and they are dome shaped a little bit, so I don't think you need much.

I think they stick out too far for even the domed center caps. Driller, do you think I could get away with painting the chrome part of your caps black so they don't look weird with mine?

Nice photoshop work there Jeremi. I think that would have looked awesome. I don't drive the 98 that much (I think I put about 3000 miles on it last year), but when I do, it's on really crappy roads, so I think the 18's were the wisest choice for me.

I think they stick out too far for even the domed center caps. Driller, do you think I could get away with painting the chrome part of your caps black so they don't look weird with mine?

They're still plastic, so I'm sure they could be prepped and painted black.

I can't help but envision that black 97 on ebay with the black headlights, with a set of black FR500s with a chrome lip...

mmmm, tasty... :D

:D -J

Back