Need Mark8 trans IMMEDIATELY

Mattcomet82

Registered
As stated in caps, I am in need of 98-99 model trans for my mark8 very soon. I am moving back to the west coast next month (Feb 14) and need to have this swap done asap before my trip west. I would prefer a brand new unit, but low mileage unit will work as well. Modded trans a plus. I have contacted Lonnie, but his new shop is not set up for this yet. Local pickup (within 150 miles) is great, but I will pay for shipping if you have what i need. Thank you for your help, Matt

765 994 9806

If push comes to shove, I have a '95 model that has been rebuilt. It is nothing but an emergency backup for me and I would let it go for what I have in it ($350).

Shipping would kill the deal however and it's much more than 150 miles. :eek:

FYI, there are no 1999 mark viii, not sure if that year trans from another Lincoln will work in the mark. The 1998 was the best year for the trans.

FYI, there are no 1999 mark viii, not sure if that year trans from another Lincoln will work in the mark. The 1998 was the best year for the trans.

No '99 Mark VIII - but several '99 and later model 4R70W's will work. The problem becomes the issues involved putting a later year tranny in the EECIV '95 and finding someone who understands the intimacies involved and willing to do the work rather than slapping in another '95 tranny.

Someone check with Jeremi [Mad1stGen], he always has parts or parts cars coming in, I know he was trying to get a smashed 98 LSC CE.

Rob, the trans is gone, I shipped it out last week. No go on the CE, it went to FL of all places, for way too much money ;)

I have a trans guy here in Atlanta that can probably help you out. He built the trans in my car, and I am very happy with his work. My car has had the snot beaten out of it for the past couple years, and the trans has never given me any trouble. Let me know if you want to talk to him, and I can pm you his cell number. Good luck.

No '99 Mark VIII - but several '99 and later model 4R70W's will work. The problem becomes the issues involved putting a later year tranny in the EECIV '95 and finding someone who understands the intimacies involved and willing to do the work rather than slapping in another '95 tranny.

That's what im facing. I was planning om having Lonnie take care of the whole game plan, but with his current situation and my plans for the immediate future drastically changing, i need to find another alternative. Im moving to Seattle Feb 14th, and driving the Mark the whole way. I could take it to some no name tranny shop and pay a lump of money for the same sloppy unit that may or may not be quality work. If I were to sell the car it wouldnt matter to me, but i would like to keep this car for a while so i would like to have a tight shifting higher stall unit that will last a long time. Lonnie has given me a name to contact for someone in texas that can ship me a new unit, but i am really looking for someone that i can leave the car with that will do it the correct way and not just slip it in. I would do it myself, but I have no experience with these auto trannys. How much extra work is involved with the EECIV?

putting the obd2 trans into the eec 4 car is fairly painless so long as you find and follow the correct trans plug "repinning" procedure.

If done correctly you'll be driving again in no time.
if you fubar the repinning of the harness, by following the wrong diagram {like I did)
then you'll wind up with "only second gear" and a fried soleniod pack.

Hey guys, thanks for your help. I have found a knowledgeable shop close by that is willing to take care of the swap for me. +1 for Driller.

2002 4r70w swapped in with SCT chip and trans cooler. All smiles here:) There is sooooo much torque i can hardly control the wheel spin. I never thought i would be this happy driving an automatic vehicle. Thanks drilller, your info was very helpful.

Tommy, do you have a link to the CORRECT repinning diagram?

it's been so long, no I dont.
it's NOT the diagram on TCCOA

if I remember correctly it was on the panther board www.p71.com or something like that.

I'd really hate to give someone bad information and have them go thru what I did when I smoked the solenoid pack in my 98 trans swap.

Back