here is my 93 opal gray progress thread

jamies98lsc

Registered
ok, here is the start of my progress thread. today i rebuilt the front end and put new shocks in the rear. this weekend i am going to take the entire exhaust off and replace it with a whole 98 lsc dual exhaust. i'll leave the mufflers on for now most likely until i order some new ones. i took a ton of pics so enjoy!!

DSC09662-Copy.jpg

DSC09663-Copy.jpg

i actually had to cut out the bottom bushing and sleeve because the factory shock bolt wouldnt fit in the sleeve. i had some poly shock bushings in my tool box with the proper sleeve size so i modified the brand new shocks, brand new? supposed to fit arent they lol??
DSC09671.jpg

DSC09676.jpg

DSC09678-Copy.jpg

DSC09679.jpg

DSC09682.jpg

DSC09669.jpg

DSC09666-Copy.jpg

DSC09672-Copy.jpg

DSC09692.jpg

DSC09689.jpg

DSC09695-Copy.jpg

DSC09698-Copy.jpg

DSC09700-Copy.jpg

DSC09705.jpg

and of course the " I WISH PICTURE "
10spokes2.jpg

if anyone has chrome 10 spokes that they want to give up, i'd like to buy them but i cannot afford much, after christmas, buying these cars and now dumping all this money into the suspension i'm on the broke side. if anyone has 4 decent ones and maybe a diff with 4:10's or 4:30's i'll trade you the rosemist 94 for that! those chrpme 10 spokes in the pic are mint on the face, all 4 are broken and all 4 tires are ripped open, dammmmmit!

Nice! :)

Doesn't take you long to dive back in, does it? LOL

You need to tell the source of the shocks and control arms so newbies know where to get the parts. ;)

Check your PMs.

the shocks are your basic Gabriel's from Advance Auto, for a 95 T-Bird, $16.99 each and ride like a dream. The Control arms are all TRW's BUT, the uppers are actually for a mark VIII, i could not get uppers for a T-Bird in TRW's, no one had them in stock and i didnt want to wait till next week, so i bought them for a Mark VIII, the lowers are T-Bird lowers, i bought the lowers at Autozone and the uppers are from Advance auto. the strut rod bushings are MOOG's and much better looking than any others i ever bought, they are blue and feel like poly bushings, end links are also TRW's. here is more progress from today. i removed the cut up and rusty stock base exhaust and put a 98 lsc dual exhaust on it, for now i'll leave the 2nd gen tips on till i can buy mufflers. one of the 02 sensors was unplugged so i had a check engine light, now its gone!!

DSC09713.jpg

DSC09715.jpg

DSC09714.jpg

DSC09723.jpg

DSC09722.jpg

DSC09720.jpg

DSC09721.jpg

DSC09719.jpg

DSC09718.jpg

Last edited:
yeah but 9 times out of 10 when i need a certain part for my personal marks, thats when i dont have it, and have to buy it like the rest of us lol!

i actually had to cut out the bottom bushing and sleeve because the factory shock bolt wouldnt fit in the sleeve. i had some poly shock bushings in my tool box with the proper sleeve size so i modified the brand new shocks, brand new? supposed to fit arent they lol??

Thats what you get for making that poor car bagless... :p

:D -J

i didnt make it bagless, i bought it bagless, when i have the money it will return to air ride, but for now thats how it is.

Sweet ride Jamie. Guess you are full bore into Marks again. I know you had your ins and outs with them, lol. I'm done with them, been there, done that kinda thing unless I find a convertible version like what's his face on here. :D If I buy another Mark it will a 'vert!

ok, here is the start of my progress thread. today i rebuilt the front end...

Doesn't rebuilding the front end include inner/outer tie rods and end links?

Not trying to bust your chops, but why don't you replace everything when you go through all that trouble?

because i havent found a way to crap out money yet, and there is no play in the tie rods what so ever. if they had needed to be replaced they would have been. and its not " all that trouble " when you have done as many front ends on these cars as i have, you can do the job in about an hour as well, its harder to change the IAC valve than to swap out the whole front end.

because i havent found a way to crap out money yet, and there is no play in the tie rods what so ever. if they had needed to be replaced they would have been. and its not " all that trouble " when you have done as many front ends on these cars as i have, you can do the job in about an hour as well, its harder to change the IAC valve than to swap out the whole front end.

I've only done it twice, and it took 6-8 hours...I can see your rationale.

I'm surprised that the ball joints in those tie rods and end links haven't worn at all. Mine had almost 1/16" of play (dangerously worn out) at only 75k miles. You could spin the inner tie rod around like one of those party spinners.

bad road conditions and salt kill these up north, down here, the heat destroys the boots, they crack and rot off, but the joints can last a long time without the boots protecting them. i will probabl;y see if i can get new boots and regrease them and cover them, or if i wait long enough i'll have to change them!!!

Back