Fuel pump replacement HELP!!!

I don't think the Mark VIII has a fuel 'pressure' sender. The fuel 'level' sending unit is old school. A float at the end of an articulated arm which actuates a potentiometer. As the fuel level rises and falls, the float follows along changing the resistance of the potentiometer which is used to electronically indicate the fuel level at the fuel gauge.

It's a Gen2 thing.

More specifically, it's a OBD2 thing.

It's used as part of the EVAP system.

The fuel tank pressure (FTP) sensor will be used by the EVAP Running Loss System Monitor to determine if the target vacuum on the fuel tank is being reached to perform the leak check. Once the target vacuum on the fuel tank is achieved, the change in fuel tank vacuum for a calibrated period of time will determine if a leak exists.

Hey I got moved! !!! LOL !!!

*update*

I droped the gas tank AGAIN last night and it only took me 3hrs to do the hole job vs the first time I did it it took me close to 8hrs to compleate the job. I'm getting better!

It turns out the first time I pinched one of the float cables when I was bolting the on the top of the fuel pump asembly, that's fixed now and I replaced the pressure sensor too.
It all seems to work just fine now.

Thanks again guys!!

Jonathan

Back