Ford fixed the mustang!

Do manual trans not have syncros on all gears?

what does "filled for life" mean?

:D -J

Nowadays they do.... just a marketing point at this time.

"filled for life"= no transmission fluid service required... aka service life= 100k miles.

As you guys can tell I am actually very excited about this!!!

http://blogs.insideline.com/straigh...e-dyno-tests-the-2011-ford-mustang-gt-50.html

The GT mustang DYNO'd at 395 RWHP!!!!! Its a BEAST!

And that blue...
dyno_r34_1600-thumb-717x477.jpg

Drooool

Sweet car, Sweet color, Luv them tailights on the new Stangs.....
But Whoever put that right rear strap on the dyno pics should be fired. Non locking clips and then leave the end hanging loose and blowing instead of tying it up or using velcro bundle bands is asking for that strap to be blown up into that tire going well over 60MPH that would instantly snap that strap and launch the car sideways...:mad:. Even the best ones are only rated at 6000 lbs constant load even though the ratings go up to 10,000 for 4"handles.

Unreal

Loved the article up until this point...

Fudge it has a chinese transmission
:( WHYY The ****
The new MT82 manual is designed by Fords JFT joint venture with
Getrag in Germany and built in a four-way joint venture plant in China.
It features synchromesh on all gears, including Reverse, even in the
six-cylinder version.

and this part...

The 6R80 is new to Mustangs but has been running in Expeditions and
Navigators. Upgraded for 2011, it is a filled-for-life box with enhanced
power capability.

Filled for life, huh? Gimme that car for a year and we'll see about that. :D

My brother has a Charger without a dipstick for the tranny. I believe that Dodge was putting forth the same hair-brained idea there, but I don't like it. It was quite humbling for him when he searched the entire engine compartment just to find out that there is no tranny dipstick to begin with. And then there's the whole throttle-by-wire thing :rolleyes:

Filled for life, huh? Gimme that car for a year and we'll see about that. :D

My brother has a Charger without a dipstick for the tranny. I believe that Dodge was putting forth the same hair-brained idea there, but I don't like it. It was quite humbling for him when he searched the entire engine compartment just to find out that there is no tranny dipstick to begin with. And then there's the whole throttle-by-wire thing :rolleyes:

Get used to it...the latest cars are throttle, brake, and steering by wire.

I'm guessing if the electronics go out while you're doing 75 on the freeway, a blindfold and lit cigarette drop down from the visor...

Get used to it...the latest cars are throttle, brake, and steering by wire.

I'm guessing if the electronics go out while you're doing 75 on the freeway, a blindfold and lit cigarette drop down from the visor...

Maybe consumers can convince them to put dipsticks and throttle cables in the base models. :eek:

Back