2010 HOT ROD Power Tour Dates & Cities

Saturday June 5, Newton, IA, Iowa Speedway

Sunday June 6, Springfield, IL, Downtown Springfield

Monday June 7, DuQuoin, IL, DuQuoin State Fairgrounds

Tuesday June 8, Bowling Green, KY, Warren County Airport

Wednesday June 9, Chattanooga, TN, Chattanooga State Community College

Thursday June 10, Birmingham, AL, Regions Park Stadium

Friday June 11, Mobile, AL, Downtown Mobile

Saturday June 12, Mobile, AL, U.S.S. Alabama (Long Hauler Awards)

http://www.hotrod.com/powertour/pretournews/2010powertour_announcement_dates_venues/index.html

Most likely I'll join up in Bowling Green, KY. Not sure yet if I'll go all the way to Mobile, AL, but probably at least to Birmingham. :)

Hope to see some Lincolns along the way! :D

What the hell, if I still don't have a job I'm in... :D

Not that anyone ever has to twist my arm to get me to drive around the country... :D

I am headed to three stops with the Trans Am, see you there!

And :::cough cough::: what about Carlisle? :D

:D -J

I might make it out that way too. Kinda Out of the way for an Oklahoma boy and i really dont have a "Hot Rod" anymore but what the hay. Might have to come up with something before then just to fit in ; )

I am headed to three stops with the Trans Am, see you there!

Hmmm... let me guess. Springfield, DuQuoin and Bowling Green? :D

What the hell, if I still don't have a job I'm in... :D

Not that anyone ever has to twist my arm to get me to drive around the country... :D

LOL... I'm tellin' ya, you'll love it!! :D

JP... you going right from Carlisle? I might be able to pull that off too...

I usually take the following Monday off for a rest stop at the house. Last year, we didn't leave Carlisle 'til Monday and went home just in time to leave for Detroit Tuesday morning. ;)

No promises yet, but there is a outside possibility I might be able to make Chattanooga. :)

That would be sweet to see The Mark on The Tour! :)

Does anybody know of any events in VA, NC, or MD for this summer?

Annual All-Ford Event on August 22nd in Hagerstown, MD at the Mason Dixon Dragway.

NMRA/NMCA All-Star Nationals on August 5th-8th in Charlotte, NC at the ZMax Dragway.

Both of those events are on my calendar. I always attend the Hagerstown event with a local group, and I'd really like to go to the new ZMax Dragway in NC sometime. I may consider running in the True Street class at the NMRA event. ;)

FYI...

I am registered for the Hot Rod Power Tour and have made reservations for accommodations from Bowling Green to Mobile. Any Lincolns out there planning on joining up, PM or email me for details. We Lincolns have to stick together! :)

JP, I do not know much about this event, so if you don't mind, I have some general questions for you since you are our resident expert. :)

Does each leg of the tour have the same activities, or do they have something different at each city?

Is there drag racing at Chattanooga and Birmingham, or is it car show only?

Are there any website links that spell out all the details for each city that you know of?

Is it $70 for any and all parts of the tour? If I just wanted to attend Chattanooga, it would be $70?

Thanks.

Last edited:
JP, I do not know much about this event, so if you don't mind, I have some general questions for you since you are our resident expert. :)

I don't think 2 'tours' qualify me as resident expert, but I can answer most of your questions. :)

Does each leg of the tour have the same activities, or do they have something different at each city?

Unofficial Google Map of Tour

Each leg of the tour has a 'venue' which is the destination of the day's tour and activities vary according to the venue. Usually, there is drag racing, autocross and other 'racing' activities at one or more of the stops, depending upon the facilities. Obviously any stop at a drag strip is a dead ringer for drag racing. Each 'venue' is also a huge daily car show, the proportions of which is rarely seen. Imagine a week of Carlisle. ;)

Is there drag racing at Chattanooga and Birmingham, or is it car show only?

I haven't seen any specific activities posted anywhere yet, but I would be confident there will be drag racing along the event. There has been rumors of drag racing at Bowling Green and other 'off venue' sites. The Chattanooga venue is at the Chattanooga State Technical Community College campus and the Birmingham venue is at Regions Stadium?

Are there any website links that spell out all the details for each city that you know of?

The HOT ROD site is the best source for reliable information. ;)

Is it $70 for any and all parts of the tour? If I just wanted to attend Chattanooga, it would be $70?

According to my sources, it is one fee for attending one venue or all the venues. In the past there has been additional fees for certain activities at certain venues, such as last year's laps at Bristol Speedway. :D

Back