No Parking Lights or Neon Light

gtshaw

Registered
My parking lights both front and rear wont come on when I turn on the headlights, both manual and automatic. The headlights work, but nothing else. When I use the signal switch, everything works fine and blinks normally. When I push the hazards, everything blinks. They just wont work when the lights are on.

To make matters worse, the interior light wont auto dim after I exit and close all the doors. They just stay on. Only turning off after about 10 minutes. I've checked all the fuses, I am lost. Any ideas? :confused:

Could be the head light switch for parking lights.
The interior light thing maybe be the switch on the door is not working right so it appears that the door is still open. Do you get the door ajar warning?

Check the wires going to the trunk. They tend to "wear through" after a while... there is a wire bundle that goes along the trunk hinge mechanism that's where i'd start, mine wore through in that very spot.

Could be the head light switch for parking lights.
The interior light thing maybe be the switch on the door is not working right so it appears that the door is still open. Do you get the door ajar warning?

No I don't get a door adjar warning light. I wonderder about the headlight switch, because everthing else works. The interior lights up all nice and green as well.

Check the wires going to the trunk. They tend to "wear through" after a while... there is a wire bundle that goes along the trunk hinge mechanism that's where i'd start, mine wore through in that very spot.

I'll check the wires on the trunk hinge. It just seems weird that they all work when the signal or hazards are used, but not when I press the brake or turn the lights.

Well, I got the interior lights to go off. Just the pesky Door Ajar warning. I shot the hinge latch with some WD-40, and that took care of that. I still haven't figured out why I can't get the parking lights to come on or the brake lights to work

Last edited:
Well, I got the interior lights to go off. Just the pesky Door Ajar warning. I shot the hinge latch with some WD-40, and that took care of that. I still haven't figured out why I can't get the parking lights to come on or the brake lights to work

Did you check out the neon?

My neon is good. I emailed Glitch. He told me it could be my SCIL. That sounds plausible, so I am going to try to find one.

OK, I got a SCIL module, and replace it, but still don't have any park lights or neon. There has to be something else. I really need some help here. Does anyone have any ideas?

Have you checked ALL the fuses pertaining to the lights? There's a number of them....inside and under the hood.

Back