Door Locks are in Reverse!

hank

Registered
My '95 Mark has this quirk, has anyone else experienced this one?
My door locks seem to be working in reverse order. When I start the engine and place the trans in D the doors do not lock, if Ithen place the trans in P they lock. So when I exit the car the passengers side door is locked, the driver door unlocks when I open the door. If I want to go around to the passenger side to open that door, I have to unlock that lock with the lock button on the drivers door first.Seems like something is not right here. Any help?
Hank

Might be you need to WD40 the door latches (IN the door edge). Is the dome light working correctly? On with door open?

Door Locks are in Reverse

Door Locks are in Reverse

Thanks Bud,
Lights work fine. Wd40'd the doors to stop door ajar msg, worked fine. I'm wondering if it might be a ground problem. other symptoms: OD light does not always come on when I drop out of OD using shifter button, radio on AM goes in and out of having poor reception and picks up engine static when it is out of whack, (Fm works fine always, the AM works good after a rain or car wash for a week or two, then fritzes again). When the AM reception is poor, besides the engine static noise, there is a tick tick noise in the speakers almost like a clock somewhere in the electrical system ticking every second. Weird huh?

If in overdrive, when you push the button, does the RPM's come up? In other words, does the OD button even work? Many have quit. AM is known for picking up all kinds of static and RF noises.

Others with more knowledge of the systems will have to help from here.

Sounds like an issue with the RKE (Remote Keyless Entry) module.

It may be a long shot, but inspect the wiring harness near the drivers side trunk hinge. The wire harness has been known to chafe there and could be a possible problem.

The other suspect would be the keypad on the drivers door handle. If the gasket leaks, water could intrude causing problems there.

and if that keypad shorts out it can also ruin the driver door lock siliniod, and that siliniod is no longer available from ford, sounds like your got reverse polarity somehow thou,, i will be replacing mine with one from a mustang. the keypad needs to be disabled and sealed from the inside. my driver door will not unlock electrically, but the driver door unlocks the passenger, so my prob is the silinoid and the keypad doesnt work on the driver door
if someone has a better solution let me know because thats what im doing next weekend
also my OD button would short out the fuse. now im having a prob with the cigar lighter in the rear popping the fuse when using the actual lighter ( yes i smoke) but charging my cell or GPS from that port works normally, the front 12v port doesnt work anymore, i wonder if its too much load on just the one without the other working and popping the fuse for both

Back