The Mods are starting

wait wait wait... the penalty was that an open beer was left on the dash? :D
And no one drank it?

That should be the penalty for many many thing... :D

Speeding... beer on the dash :D
Parking on the sidewalk... beer on the dash :D
Drinking while driving... beer on the dash :D

:D -J

They left the beer, but not the container...

so lets get this straight, yall had a can of gas with no cap on it before the driver got out of the car.. so they punished you by pouring beer on the dash of the car??

I've been thinking about 3.73's as well (I have an LSC) but maybe 4.10's. While I'm going I might as well do a track-loc too. The local Ford guy quoted me $850 parts and labor for this setup, I've got another source or two but I suspect the prices will be close. I know I need speedometer gears but I need more info on why I would need a tune? Also, what about a new drive shaft? If I get into $1K+ cost adder I wonder if I could spend my oney better somewhere else? Thoughts?

John

Tried and true... 4.10s w/ trac-loc, driveshaft, speedo gear (or speed-cal) and a chip.

General rule is you can go up 2 steps in gears without requiring a tune. Beyond that, your shift points will be out of whack without a tune of some sort.

Driveshaft is almost always required with 4.10s - you can try to get by without it but you would be in the minority if you succeeded.

So much so is the above true, when it came time for mods on my '96, that's the exact path I took. 4.10s w/ trac-lok, driveshaft, speedo gear, j-mod, 3500 stall converter and a custom chip. Mission accomplished. :)

I've been thinking about 3.73's as well (I have an LSC) but maybe 4.10's. While I'm going I might as well do a track-loc too. The local Ford guy quoted me $850 parts and labor for this setup, I've got another source or two but I suspect the prices will be close.

Sounds high...I think I got mine done for $600 installed. However, mine was an Eaton posi with no gear change. Eaton is $200 more than the traction lok, but the gear set is like $150 or something like that, so you should still be looking to pay $600.

Tip: Since you are doing only the diff and gears, get your work done at a 4x4/off-road specialty place. They do these all the time, are the biggest experts in it, and typically charge the least for it.

OK, so how do I best go about getting a tune? Who can do it, does the car need to be on a dyno, can I do it with a tuner?

Both our sponsors can set you up with what you need.

Lonnie at BlueOvalChips.com
Bill at SuperCoupePerformance.com
:)

OK, so how do I best go about getting a tune? Who can do it, does the car need to be on a dyno, can I do it with a tuner?

Since you aren't touching the engine, a tuner will suffice...especially from someone who knows like Lonnie (BOC). He doesn't have his garage setup yet, but I'm sure he can still provide a tuner and some programs.

so the company that supplies internet for my base went out of business. i've basically been without internet since right after new years. unfortunatly nothings been ordered cause of this. soon though.

Back