Intake differences ?????s

1BadBird

I've heard that the Gen I intakes are better than Gen II intakes. Is this a reality? Are there any minor differences in the Gen I version? I found a way to make a steel air tube for the Gen I version I have when I do the TT on my project.

Thankx in advance guys
John

I've heard that the Gen I intakes are better than Gen II intakes. Is this a reality? Are there any minor differences in the Gen I version? I found a way to make a steel air tube for the Gen I version I have when I do the TT on my project.

I believe the best intake is the Gen 1. The Cobra intake is hands down better than a Gen 2 intake but a 'cleaned -up' Gen 1 intake is just as good if not better.

Tell us more about the air tube! ;)

I need to order some oval tubing and do some experimenting. Then I'll do something of a write up.

Didn't Joe (Ponyfreak) make his own intake?

I thought he posted pics about that, a lifetime ago...

:D -J

I believe the best intake is the Gen 1. The Cobra intake is hands down better than a Gen 2 intake but a 'cleaned -up' Gen 1 intake is just as good if not better.

Tell us more about the air tube! ;)

What about the PITA to remove idle control valve. Ain't that mounted to the intake?

a tube from the MAS to the throttle body??? i want it... i cant find one anywhere, i had to ducT tape my resonator hole closed..lol i couldnt find a plug for that either..if you wanna sell it, post pics and let me know a price if youre not using it?

a tube from the MAS to the throttle body??? i want it... i cant find one anywhere, i had to ducT tape my resonator hole closed..lol i couldnt find a plug for that either..if you wanna sell it, post pics and let me know a price if youre not using it?

It's easy to plug that hole.

1. Grind it off smooth.
2. Put metal tape over the hole from the inside.
3. Fill hole with plastic epoxy.
4. Sand dried epoxy smooth.
5. Remove metal tape.

If I remember correcly, he cut one apart. Then ported it, polished it, and welded it back together.

I remember that too, but i think he also added length to the runners and also fixed one of the rear or front ports (i cant remember) that come from the factory severely restricted smal holes. He made them all balanced and welded them back together.

For the time being and on the cheap, go to Lowes and pick up a 1 1/2" rubber hose clamp "cap", comes with the hoseclamp and works perfect till you do the following mod. Slap it on there and tighten it up. I ran mine forever on my stocker intake tube till i made a custom one out of fiberglass for the old 90MM Lightning MAF.

It's easy to plug that hole.

1. Grind it off smooth.
2. Put metal tape over the hole from the inside.
3. Fill hole with plastic epoxy.
4. Sand dried epoxy smooth.
5. Remove metal tape.

yeah but i would rather have a nice aluminum cold air tube if any are available, anyone make one thatll fit these? the part i cant find is to fit on the throttle body, and it doesnt look like an AEM will fit because they are all round and it needs to be flattened to fit inder the hood i think

Back