car problem

Asia

Registered
Hello everyone and Happy New Year... I gotta quick question about my 04 LS, today when i was out running a few errands, the car had been turned off for about 30 mins, and when i started it up to leave, it was spittering and the engine was jerking for about a min or so.. soon as i began to drive off, it drove fine.. got home turned the car off for a while and cranked it back up and nothing, seems fine.. this happend to me once before about a month ago as well.. could it be time for some new plugs ? car has about 35,000 miles on it.. Thanks :)

Take it to Auto Zone and have them read the codes....Check engine light does not HAVE to come on to have codes in there......Then you'll know what cylinders NEED plugs...or maybe just the rubber boots.

thanks, I'll do that.. What i should have said now that i've had time to think about it was.. the car seemed like it didn't want to stay running.. the rpms were not holding a steady idel.. Sorry if any of this may not sound right..

Take it to Auto Zone and have them read the codes....Check engine light does not HAVE to come on to have codes in there......Then you'll know what cylinders NEED plugs...or maybe just the rubber boots.
forgot to ask, what are the rubber boots ?

Have you LOOKED at your plugs at all? OH...didn't see that you have an LS....What engine is in your car? Do you have the coil-on-plug system? If so, you have long rubber boots covering your plugs with the coils sitting on top of each one. If the boot splits open it will short out that plug and misfire into the block. Don't let any mechanic tell you you HAVE to buy new coils to get the boots.

I got a V-8 engine ... No I haven't taken a look at my pugs, I plan on taking it to my mechanic to get a oil change here real soon, I'll have him take a look.. I never take it to the dealer, they charge way to damn much .. So price wise, what are we talking about for the boots, and coil , not saying i need to replace that, just want to have a idea so i know what to expect.. Also, They say ( in the book) that you can't use fuel injector cleaner is that true and if so why not ? thanks for all your help and have a nice day !

I got a V-8 engine ... No I haven't taken a look at my pugs, I plan on taking it to my mechanic to get a oil change here real soon, I'll have him take a look.. I never take it to the dealer, they charge way to damn much .. So price wise, what are we talking about for the boots, and coil , not saying i need to replace that, just want to have a idea so i know what to expect.. Also, They say ( in the book) that you can't use fuel injector cleaner is that true and if so why not ? thanks for all your help and have a nice day !

Pobly because a lot of places charge $70 for a "fuel system cleaning". In which they just put a bottle of injector cleaner in your gas tank and close the lid.

Pobly because a lot of places charge $70 for a "fuel system cleaning". In which they just put a bottle of injector cleaner in your gas tank and close the lid.
So your saying, it's safe to go ahead and use one ? I wanna make sure before I go ahead and do it :confused:

Believe me...it isn't injectors...did you have the codes read yet?
Sorry it has taken me so long to reply back.. Took my car in for the oil change today, and my mechanic checked for codes.. none showed up at all... the car has been running fine ever since too.. Could it be the N1 flu ? lol Jk..

p.s I just wanted to say that I'm truly thankfull for such a helpfull site ! :)

Perhaps you just got some bad gas.....that's always a safe bet of where to place the blame on a disappearing problem!!! LOL

Back