Gears

calisonic

Registered
Looking to put ome 3.73's in my '98 Mark base, (trying to make the daily commute a little more enjoyable and not doing much interstate driving anymore) just wondering what the best source might be for such a thing, and what all I would need. Thanks.

i think bill at supercoupeperformance.com is running a 150$ special. you should call and ask though

Okay im confused, I thought the ring gear spline count was 28 or maybe im confusing that with the axles spline count. All the Ford 8.8 3.73 ring and pinion sets on summitracing.com are 30 count on the ring, and vary between 1.626 and 1.625 inch pinion shaft diameter. (but the 0.001 probly does not make a difference).

Last edited:
Why would you want to do the job twice. Do the traclock while you are there.

+1...getting gears without traction-lok will only make things worse.

If you're going to only do one thing, do the traction-lok first then the gears later.

+1...getting gears without traction-lok will only make things worse.

If you're going to only do one thing, do the traction-lok first then the gears later.

+1

Just to be able to drive the car in the rain without spinning the inside wheel when starting around a corner makes the trac-loc worth while.

:D -J

Hmm so I guess I will just wait till I have have enough $$ to do both. However, I'm still puzzled about the spline count thing, not to mention speedo calibration/shift points, and drivesahft vibrations.

Last edited:
No just the gears for now.

Pick up a T/L dif from a bone yard. I put a unit from a Super Coupe in mine and it's been working great for over 5 years now. Some of the automatic SCs a 3.23 gear set. If you do this have the dif. codes with you when you go. It's a fairly easy job. If you have a Pick N Pull
salvage yard close you will have about $50.00 in the rear assy.

Back