Suncore coil strut install?

gbradleyb

Registered
About a year ago I replaced my front air springs with suncore coil over gas struts and was happy with it. Now the rear is shot and I just received my suncore rear springs and shocks.

Tried installing them today with no luck and am amazed at how poorly everything fits together.

The kit came with 2 springs, 4 rubber insulators (1 for each top and bottom of spring), and 4 metal cups that appear to go over the ends of springs and rubber insulators.

My problem is that I can't get the metal cups to fit over the springs properly. I'm not sure if they are wrong size or maybe I'm missing something. Has anybody installed these before?

Will post pics asap

Here's the kit

free photo hosting

You can see here that the rubber insulator fits perfectly in the cup and seats completely down in:

image upload no limit

Here you can see the notch in the rubber insulator so that it can only go on one way. The seating surface also spirals screw like to so that the spring seats on the whole surface:

image upload free

You can see here that the rubber insulator fits over the coil. Notice it bulges where the spring is inset:

free image host

This is as far as I could get the metal cup onto the spring with the insulator on the spring. It will not fit over the spring, only the part that's just rubber:

[url=https://postimg.org/image/qa13ju1pl/]
free adult image hosting

This is me trying to get the spring in the cup without the rubber insulator. It will not even fit into the cup this way:

adult photo sharing

Am I missing something?... Do I maybe have wrong size cups and insulators for my spring? There is plenty of space on lower control arm for larger metal cup

Any help would be much appreciated

Last edited:
Back