0 mile mark 8

T man

Registered
Just drove the mark now that it is basically all new :D

I replaced the transmission and T/C (9.5in 3k stall).

Installed the kooks headers attached to 2in straight pipes with stock mufflers.

Also got a completely new motor. The old motor was leaking coolant out of the water pump, oil out of the pan gasket, both valve covers, and rear main seal. My mechanic told me that i'd basically be throwing money into the dumpster fixing it because the motor was on its way out anyway... Plus I'm given a warranty on the new motor :D.... And the transmission :D

The straight pipes were a surprise, he told me he had to take it to the exhaust shop to weld the 2.5in header down tubes to the stock exhaust (low on funds) and shows up with no cats and straight pipes (guess trade work haha)..

The car is scary fast now, i couldn't get any type of good 1st gear run on the 235 nittos.

Im guessing its at 400rwhp now... I let my uncle drive it who had muscle cars his whole life and when i told him my estimation, his reply was "...that's it?" because the car feels FAST. :D:D:D

Current mods:

Kooks headers
2in straight pipes
Procharger P1SC
Motoblue 60k volt coil packs
42lb injectors
255lph walbro fuel pump
ford GT MAF
Diablo extender
(transmission has to many goodies to name)
9.5in 3k stall
Powerslotted rotors all around
SS brake lines

she's pretty loud :cool:

from what i know its a stock motor. The heads are defiantly stock. I'm not sure if its a cobra (with the forged crank) or not, it was ordered from ford... If ford 4Vs with B heads come with a forged crank then yes.

The old RWHP was 362 on stock motor (with 115k miles). 360rwhp on a Mustang Dyno, but the trans was completely mush and there was the stock exhaust.

Im guessing the new trans and TQ converter are transferring more horses from the crank to the wheels. Plus the new Exhaust is really puffing out air.

It feels like it has atleast 30 more RWHP.

It also feels like it is producing a lot more torque (336lb/ft before).

Pics will be emailed to me that I'll put up of the install.

Using 3.8in pulley on the P1SC, considering going back to a 4in. (P1SC flows as much as the T-trim).

How many lengths you want to give me?

Even, maybe give me a length haha :D

I have an open differential still and 3.27s.. Haven't gotten the "feel" for hooking the car up yet (but im also running thin street radials).

If you're ever in northern Florida, or at a Gators home game message me and we'll go to the track :p

Funny with the open differential the car leaves 2 even straight black lines :cool:

I have an open differential still and 3.27s.. Haven't gotten the "feel" for hooking the car up yet (but im also running thin street radials).

Oh, well you're toast in the 1/8th mile anyways... LOL. :D

Do you know how much boost you're pushing?

Do you know how much boost you're pushing?

Pulley is for 10lbs, read 8psi on the dyno jet, read 7 on the MD (year and a half so later... Lost it somewhere.. haha).. Don't know how much is lost now with the headers and straight pipes. I'm planning a trip at the end of the month to get all of the stats and bugs worked out.

the mechanic swears its 500rwhp, i know better though haha

Northern FL?

Northern FL?

Anywhere near the panhandle area? Your profile says Gainsville, but thats over on the east coast. What pulley are you running? The 4" stocker that makes 8psi or did you change to a smaller one? Im running the 4" one till the bottom end is built properly for stupid boost, but thats my spare original Mark VIII block. Got any pics under the hood? The link only shows the front shot of the car.
Nice ride.

Gainesville is in northern florida in the middle of the state. St. Augustine is directly across on the east.

The panhandle i think is about 2 hours away or so (depending on how far out).

I'm using a 3.8in pulley. I installed it on the original motor with 115k miles and ran it to 127k. The motor lasted alot of abuse (have a lot of stories :eek:) but the transmission didn't. The motor was replaced because the bearings were worn... Alot lol :eek: Not because of crank, rod, piston, or even valve failure.

This is an old pic but it still basically looks the same (except the new motors block is painted silver, and the tubes are now powder coated silver instead of the spray paint).

procharger_install7.jpg

tuned

tuned

So i drove over to Orange Park yesterday to get a tune from Dennis..

1st run i blew off a tube so i had no boost and made 217 rwhp and something like 280-290 rwtq. (i don't have this graph so i don't know).

2nd run i put in new spark plugs (the old ones were junk and gapped incorrectly), and made 376.19 rwhp and 346.98rwtq at 6.5 psi.

I was loosing boost, my belt was to loose and slipping across my supercharger pulley, I need a shorter belt and after market tensioner (I'm suppose to be at 10psi).

3rd run the motor was hotter and made 368.23rwhp and 340rwtq at about .5lbs more boost (but that was because the motor was reved higher I think).

We went for a test drive and it rattled in first so he pulled some timing.

Once i get my boost back he's only charging me 50$ for the retune.

The car is making 15 more rwhp than it was before on about 4lbs less boost (the old graph reads 10psi but he told me 8 when i got the car back for some reason? maybe he messed up because the graphs don't lie).

I was also told it should gain about 15 more RWHP off every LB of boost gained, so it should be about 430 RWHP max.

Back