she's home, 97 blk on blk LSC

jamies98lsc

Registered
well i made the 1,280 mile trip over the weekend, through snow, ice and a blown power steering hose but dammit i made it!! its raining so pics will come later, but here she is, parked all pretty next to her little brother! what a ride it was!! love the car, looks sick, sounds sick and hauls azz! more details and photos will come later when i have a chance to clean it my way! I'm Back in Black!!!!

DSC00200.jpg

DSC00201.jpg

DSC00202.jpg

DSC00203.jpg

the power steering hose was the return line, it blew off the rack in spotsylvania virginia, i found a firestone and they had me in and out in less than 90 minutes. thank god thats all it was! Bud i was stuck in New Castle Deleware from 3:30 pm saturday until 8 am sunday until the roads were clear enough to drive on again. this is what the car looked like saturday night at the Quality in off 95 in New Castle. remember, this car has never ever seen snow!!
0130101407-00.jpg

0130101423-00.jpg

0130101447-00.jpg

0130101846-00.jpg

back on the road after the snow stopped.
0131100810-00.jpg

this is spotsylvania virginia right where the power steering hose blew.
0131101039-01.jpg

and at the firestone 6 miles from the gas station it blew at. i had no way to repair it myself so normally you'll never see me at a place like this!!!
0131101244-00.jpg

0131101243-00.jpg

fixed and back on the road again!!
0131101402-00.jpg

me leaving a gas station
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvquY0ePJyA

now she is home , no salt on her, and getting a natural bath from the florida rain!!

Last edited:
Congrats Jamie,except for the PS hose letting go it looks like you had a great time driving back down to Fla. All the way down that poor car was saying Damn it's COLD, get me some fur tires please.

lol yeah it was cold, by the time we got to southern georgia the dew in the air had taken most of the salt off the car, it was weird how it cleaned itself almost!! i dropped my buddy off at his house this morning and went to the power wash before i went home. i did a quicky wash just because i was getting funny looks, no one down here sees salt on a car like this!!

Jamie, I've got a pair of those rings for the rotors if you need them.
Also, get a set of proper rings for those wheels. I bet the ones you have on there are lose on the hub side. The beauty of aftermarket wheels. JP has the dimensions somewhere.

hey jeremi what do you want for the rings for the rotors? also, how do i tell if i have the right rings for the wheels, because driving down the road the car rides great, doesnt feel out of balance and no shimmy, its only when i step on the brakes that you can feel it in the rear. i do know that he put spacers on the front so the wheels could be brought out a little and not inside the wheel well like the stock wheels are. this weekend i plan on looking the whole car over very well, but i know if i take the back wheels off, i am going to throw the rotors way off, because they got them as close to true as they could and tightened the wheels up to keep them there. this is all new stuff to me!! unfamiliar territory!

hey jeremi what do you want for the rings for the rotors? also, how do i tell if i have the right rings for the wheels, because driving down the road the car rides great, doesnt feel out of balance and no shimmy, its only when i step on the brakes that you can feel it in the rear. i do know that he put spacers on the front so the wheels could be brought out a little and not inside the wheel well like the stock wheels are. this weekend i plan on looking the whole car over very well, but i know if i take the back wheels off, i am going to throw the rotors way off, because they got them as close to true as they could and tightened the wheels up to keep them there. this is all new stuff to me!! unfamiliar territory!

I can send you those rotor rings for say $25 ? Let me know if it's out of line.

I am surprised about the spacers in the front. Those wheels shouldn't need them, at least that's what CWM tells everybody ;)

Take the wheels off, and see if the wheel hub centric rings have any play when installed onto the hub. They might be stuck in the wheels. If the rings are what CWM sells, they do have play, since the hub is not 63.9mm and their rings are. They should be 63.36 ID as per JP's measuring skills.

Last edited:
Back