300+ RWHP Mark VIII

When The Bradshaw brothers built my transmission, they told me they did something to the stub shaft so that snapping will not be a problem for me. Been 3 or 4 years and who knows how many dyno pulls and track runs now, and so far, so good... :) Props to them. :wave022: That trans is the only part on my car that has not had to be screwed around with after it was built.

The only issue with the stub shaft is with the dyno program...3rd gear only (yes...from 0 mph) with the TC locking at 1500.

And yes, any stub shaft can break when using this program.

I also have the hardened shaft, and it can be busted when using the dyno program.

When I'm on my street/drag program, snapping is not a problem for me either.

I guess I didn't explain myself correctly in my previous post...must be getting older and dumber.

The only issue with the stub shaft is with the dyno program...3rd gear only (yes...from 0 mph) with the TC locking at 1500.

I must be getting older and dumber too... :p

Are you saying you have a specific 'tune' on the chip which locks the tranny in 3rd gear and then locks the converter at 1500 rpms? :confused:

Are you saying you have a specific 'tune' on the chip which locks the tranny in 3rd gear and then locks the converter at 1500 rpms? :confused:

i believe its increasing pressure of fluids electronically for a more manual feel.

I'm installing a stall (i've never used one). Do I load it up to its set stall speed while i have my foot on the brake?

I'm installing a stall (i've never used one). Do I load it up to its set stall speed while i have my foot on the brake?

Without a trans-brake, you won't be able too.

It's all I can do to hold the car back at 2500 rpms. I usually find myself trying to stall at 1500-2000 rpms.

I must be getting older and dumber too... :p

Yes...a tune that I flash the ECM with when I'm at the dyno shop. In reality, the car still starts off in 1st, shifts to 2nd at like 2mph, and shifts into 3rd at around 4mph...and stays there until 200mph (in other words, forever).

The converter has a lockup schedule just like the gears have a shift schedule. You can tell it when to lock and unlock in each gear. The dyno program has it locking up at whatever mph 1500rpms in third gear is.

It is in this configuration only that the stub shaft can be broken if the throttle isn't 'babied'.

Yes...a tune that I flash the ECM with when I'm at the dyno shop. In reality, the car still starts off in 1st, shifts to 2nd at like 2mph, and shifts into 3rd at around 4mph...and stays there until 200mph (in other words, forever).

The converter has a lockup schedule just like the gears have a shift schedule. You can tell it when to lock and unlock in each gear. The dyno program has it locking up at whatever mph 1500rpms in third gear is.

Hmmm... learn something new everyday. Makes complete sense. :)

Back