Want slotted and drilled rotors

hank

Registered
My '95 has started shimming up front when I brake. I was looking at replacing all rotors with slotted and drilled rotors w/ ceramic pads from iRotors.com. Any feedback about this companies product? Any other recommendations?
Thanks, Hank

Also be sure that your front strut rod bushings aren't shot too! As they can exaggerate the problem.

I went with rotors from supercoupe performance. Very happy with them:

http://supercoupeperformance.com/partBrowser.aspx?partId=250

+1 I installed KVR rotors and pads recently and am impressed. The pads are beveled on the leading edges to prevent particles getting stuck and gouging the rotors. I haven't had much luck with slotted rotors, but KVR chamfers the drilled holes so they aren't prone to cracking like chinese rotors. Not cheap, but high performance and peace of mind.

+1 I installed KVR rotors and pads recently and am impressed. The pads are beveled on the leading edges to prevent particles getting stuck and gouging the rotors. I haven't had much luck with slotted rotors, but KVR chamfers the drilled holes so they aren't prone to cracking like chinese rotors. Not cheap, but high performance and peace of mind.

I read about cheap cracked rotors and that's why I stayed away from ebay. Went with a trusted site and I think they are an LOD sponsor?

Chamfered holes don't necessarily prevent cracking.

Someone here posted some pics of his cracked, chamfered holes.

He was not happy...though I'm not sure where his rotors came from.

Copied verbatim from Super Coupe Performance (hope Bill doesn't get pissed)

"A quick note about cross drilling rotors: We often get asked, "Don't cross drilled rotors potentially experience cracking around the holes?". This issue used to be common many years ago, and still is on cheap imported rotors, but KVR properly chamfers their holes to eliminate stress risers and also provides their rotors with a premium heat treatment to further reduce internal stresses in the metal. To put is simply, we have been selling the KVR product for years now and have yet to see a cracked x-drilled hole. The same cannot be said for the cheap quality/priced imported rotors you find on Ebay and other sources."

Copied verbatim from Super Coupe Performance (hope Bill doesn't get pissed)

"A quick note about cross drilling rotors: We often get asked, "Don't cross drilled rotors potentially experience cracking around the holes?". This issue used to be common many years ago, and still is on cheap imported rotors, but KVR properly chamfers their holes to eliminate stress risers and also provides their rotors with a premium heat treatment to further reduce internal stresses in the metal. To put is simply, we have been selling the KVR product for years now and have yet to see a cracked x-drilled hole. The same cannot be said for the cheap quality/priced imported rotors you find on Ebay and other sources."

That heat treatment is the key...or getting them 'frozen' will also make them very resistant to warping and cracking.

I've had frozen rotors on my car for about 18 months now...still feels like new....and EBC GReenstuff pads run VERY hot.

Back