Carlisle Fever...

I was just cleaning up my hard drive the other day and caught myself looking through all the pictures and videos and whatnot. As the rest of y'all have said... bad idea. x.x

Oh heck yall now you have me wanting to go. If my money situation is stable at that point, I will come. I, as most of you know no longer drive a ford product, but will come none the less if I can. I will just need to find a campground that is fairly close. Oh and maybe a ride here and there if I get out of hand if you please. Here is crossing my fingers toes and whatever else that I can make it this year.

Oh heck yall now you have me wanting to go. If my money situation is stable at that point, I will come. I, as most of you know no longer drive a ford product, but will come none the less if I can. I will just need to find a campground that is fairly close. Oh and maybe a ride here and there if I get out of hand if you please. Here is crossing my fingers toes and whatever else that I can make it this year.
Neither was I when I went in 2008. ;) (I guess technically it was a distant adopted cousin of Ford.) What are you rocking now?

Bud, that place looks nice. Am I reading correctly that it will be $33 per night or do they have less expensive sites without electric and water?

Yes, My ex and I decided to get rid of the Ford Crown Vic for a larger Minivan. Not that I don't like the Town and Country Touring Signature Edition, but I need another Mark Viii. Need to pay this van off then a Mark VIII and a used Ford F250 or F350 Diesel is in the picture with any luck.

Looks like you read it right....how can you NOT use water?

Google Carlisle, PA Camping for LOTS of others in the area....you asked for close...Western Village is close.... all other further out.

Well figuring out if I stay just a few nights it is still cheaper than a hotel room. Oh and the water thing I usually go to a potable water station when I stay at state parks so I don't know if they have those at this campground. So water and Electric are fine. Can't wait to camp again as have not since the Michigan meet in 2007. Carlisle too is going to rock as have not gone since 2005 I think it was.

Yep but looking at the proximity to the fairgrounds this is where I will probably end up staying. Plus they allow alcohol where as State Parks do not.

Bill,

I have stayed there many times with my family as well. I have family in the area so that is typically where we stay with the RV. Additionally my dad and I stayed there last year in my RV for the show. As i recall on show weekends the price was either a little more than the regular rate, or they required an additional night??? I could be wrong, but it was deffinatly close to the show. We also opted to Cab it one of the nights we were downtown with the gang to do the "responsible" thing. It was reasonably close for that as well. (Should have called the cab company earlier is all...their idea of be at the campground in 20 min and mine are 2 different time calculations.)

I found them to be very friendly there and the place is well kept.

This year we opted for the hotel but just because I unloaded my Diesel Pusher. I have a 41' trailer but when I am towing that the Mark must be parked! :rolleyes:

Keith

Last edited:
Bill,

I have stayed there many times with my family as well. I have family in the area so that is typically where we stay with the RV. Additionally my dad and I stayed there last year in my RV for the show. As i recall on show weekends the price was either a little more than the regular rate, or they required an additional night??? I could be wrong, but it was deffinatly close to the show. We also opted to Cab it one of the nights we were downtown with the gang to do the "responsible" thing. It was reasonably close for that as well. (Should have called the cab company earlier is all...their idea of be at the campground in 20 min and mine are 2 different time calculations.)

I found them to be very friendly there and the place is well kept.

This year we opted for the hotel but just because I unloaded my Diesel Pusher. I have a 41' trailer but when I am towing that the Mark must be parked! :rolleyes:

Keith

Ok, I vaguely remember you leaving in a cab... but come'on Carlisle is not about doing the "responsible" thing... :D

You'll be at "the good" hotel this year?
(the one we only "lightly terrorize"...)

I smell a caravan to Carlisle... :D

:D -J

BTW, I've been driving the wheels off my MK, and it's been so much fun!!!
I forget how much I love that car when I spend too much time in the Caddyvault...

Straight pipes and a posi just keeps me smiling... :D

This is not helping my Carlisle Fever at all... :D :D :D

So have you decided that you'll finally be bringing the Mark back to Carlisle this year?

If this was a perfect world, someone would buy this car and make it go away, so that I can buy another one and start again...

If I still have it and think it will make the trip then yes...

But I'm still not sure if I would want the car on such a long drive.
Driving it around localy has been great, but it's furthest trips have been maybe 20-25 miles...

If this was a perfect world, someone would buy this car and make it go away, so that I can buy another one and start again...

How much?

LOL :D

(Mrs. Driller has always said we need a 'red one'. The only way I was able to get by last year was putting FR500s on the Town Car.)

I think that guy has had that car up for sale for years...

I'd love to know why he thinks used it's worth pretty much the sticker price new... :D

Back