Skiing...

I agree. There is NO WAY you'll catch me beheading or gutting any fish!

LOL
Before we were married Kelley and I went trout fishing, She cought a couple trout and was shocked when I told here "You catch them, You clean them."
We did have to cut off the head though, she just could not stand to have them on while we cooked them.

Did you get any skiing photos? It's beautiful out there.

Here's a few of Michigan skiing and a couple from Utah.

DSC03939 (Medium).JPG

DSC03977 (Medium).JPG

DSC03978 (Medium).JPG

DSC04267 (Medium).JPG

DSC04278 (Medium).JPG

Did you get any skiing photos? It's beautiful out there.

Here's a few of Michigan skiing and a couple from Utah.

You know I brought my camera with me on day one and couldn't have possibly used it while skiing... which is too bad because the place we were at on day one is in the middle of these really beautiful jagged bare mountains...

Day two, when I could have snapped a few pics, I left the camera behind at the hotel... :(

:D -J

OK Joe, if you could get some nice shots the next time you go that would be great. If you notice, most of the shots I posted were taken from the chair lift. It's a great view, and you're not busy skiing.

Actually, I've got some short mpg movies that I took on the way down the hills, camera in one hand, 2 poles in the other.:)

They are kind of funny, it's hard to hold the camera still when your skiing down a hill like that. I can't remember my utube login or password though.:(

LOL
Before we were married Kelley and I went trout fishing, She cought a couple trout and was shocked when I told here "You catch them, You clean them."
We did have to cut off the head though, she just could not stand to have them on while we cooked them.

If you told me that, I'd be throwing them back in the water. I don't even like to see fish with their heads on in the meat counter - yucky!

I do grill a good salmon, though . . . just had some Saturday night ;)

OK Joe, if you could get some nice shots the next time you go that would be great. If you notice, most of the shots I posted were taken from the chair lift. It's a great view, and you're not busy skiing.

Actually, I've got some short mpg movies that I took on the way down the hills, camera in one hand, 2 poles in the other.:)

They are kind of funny, it's hard to hold the camera still when your skiing down a hill like that. I can't remember my utube login or password though.:(

In your pic its hard to tell how high up you are... plus you're looking out over this vast plateau. If I'm up there again I'll make sure to get some shots... totally different view.

Ok, went skiing for time #3 today...

I think it's official... not only am I good at skiing, I enjoy it... :eek:

I did a variety of runs, and I did fall a few times, but most of the falls were when I was almost stopped and somehow manged to cross my skis and essentially trip over myself... I had one abrupt backwards arboreal stop with my ass, but I never fell, and really the only other good fall was another full helicopter whip around where I proceed to slide on my back...

I did two black diamond trails, that were mercifully short, and I didn't fall on either, and over all I think I did pretty well...

So, yet another surprise... 3 weeks ago, if you had told me I'd be skiing while not held at gun point, I would have laughed at you...
if you had told me I'd be doing it well, and enjoying it... I probably would have lost consciousness due to lack of oxygen... :D

The snow conditions were poor, they haven't had snow in weeks, and last week they had rain so there was maybe 4-6 inches of snow cover, and it was a lot of ice.

Anyway, here are some pics... :D

2693588250039881733S600x600Q85.jpg

This was taken from the house I was staying at in NH.

2601159320039881733S600x600Q85.jpg

The large white peak is Mount Washington.

2020943890039881733S600x600Q85.jpg

This is zoomed out, Mt. Washington is on the left.

2299179830039881733S600x600Q85.jpg

This is from the top of Wildcat, that is Mount Washington again, this was taken too early to talk about... the temp at the base was 4, and where I was standing at the summit it was -11... yeah cold... :mad:

2548771420039881733S600x600Q85.jpg

Another panoramic shot turning to the right.

2248213330039881733S600x600Q85.jpg

2503376980039881733S600x600Q85.jpg

2964383650039881733S600x600Q85.jpg

Another panoramic shot from behind the lift.

http://rides.webshots.com/video/3025076500039881733OLdQId
Here is a little vid of me skiing... yes I am dressed all in black like Darth Skier... :D

Here is a link to the entire album where you can see the pics in full size and other short vids:
http://rides.webshots.com/album/570110892ProFEL

We would have taken more, but it was so cold the battery on the camera kept dying...

Excellent!

Great photos!

It looks like you've got some great control there. It's a lot more fun once you get used to it isn't it?:)

Back