IMRC problem...

Joe, You might want to check and change your oil asap. I would not be surprised if you check your oil and it is way over the full mark. 5 cans of seafoam is a lot, and I suspect all of it did not evaporate and go out the tail pipe.

+1...very good point.

i had the same problem on the pass side. all i did was wiggle it gentely acouple days in a row and it free'd up. just dont be forceful. small movements. if it takes more than a few days be paitent.

i had the same problem on the pass side. all i did was wiggle it gentely acouple days in a row and it free'd up. just dont be forceful. small movements. if it takes more than a few days be paitent.

Yeah, for anyone else that would have worked just fine...
But this was a former Saxmobile, and I never do anything half ass... :D
if something is going to break, and or stop working, it's gonna break and or stop working all the way... :D

That thing was so frozen, it took a day of soaking it with oil and still a lot of prying to free it up...

:D -J

Did you ever get this fixed?

Did you ever get this fixed?

I am having the same problem. I tried tons of sea foam and forcing it to move. The passenger side is stuck. Did you ever get this fixed? Can't pass inspection with CEL

Mine went out also and Jereme just fixed it for me. You can test them with a vacuum gauge to verify that the actuator is still working. Mine was not and J took a picture showing the hole in the diaphragm, the actuator had to be replaced by another used one as these are no longer available from any one.

Attachments

• IMG-20101120-00009.jpg
    IMG-20101120-00009.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I know this is a year old thread but I just failed emissions in MA for this code as well as large EVAP leak and O2 sensor circuit slow response. I actually had no idea the light was on because the bulb was apparently burned out! My little MAC scanner shows the code as "Undefined" but I searched the number on here and found that it is the IMRC stuck code.

Joe, did YOU do the intake on your car? Got a little time for a man who lives on an island? I'm gonna try the sea foam route first but if I remember right, the IMRC was stuck when I bought it 5 years ago and kinda "Fixed itself" for several years now. How hard was it to remove and free up? Costly? I'm pretty fed up with this car right now. :frown:

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Joe, a good seafoam soak should do the trick if it's actually stuck. You can reach down behind and manually move it. You can also check the vacuum (depending on if it's a vacuum or cable type) while the car is running to make sure you have vacuum. If it's the cable style, I'm pretty sure you can watch the cable operate while the car is running.

Don't be fed up, this is an easy fix.

Thanks J. I think its the cable style so I will have to try and move it by hand then do the sea foam treatment.

Yeah see if you can wiggle it by hand... one side is a lot easier to get to then the other...

Is not that hard a job to take the intake off. The radiator cross pipe thing was a PITA, and I forgot which bolts went where, but it something I'd be willing to do again... :D

Back