help i think

Brad

Registered
Ok i ran a 15 flat stock after the coldair intake and 410s the gtech said I ran a 15 flat, Note I went to the strip for the first time. my mph stock was 93 and now its 98, what would cause this, would it be the drive shaft vibrating or cloged cats, I dont know so im gutting my cats then getting a new drive shaft to see were im at.

RE: help i think

1st: FORGET G-tech. Unless you run it before and after 4.10s, it's MPH doesn't mean squat.

2nd: TIRES !!! I had the same thing happened to me after 4.10s.

ever thought of getting the chip tuned for the 4.10, that might help and then when you (you know this )get 4.10 the speed is off so you have to get a new speedo gear a 23t i think, but that sound bout right if thats what you got, and dont gut the cats, even getting a new d.s. might help your timeslips, less wieght to turn and

If you suspect the cats, get a vacuum gauge.

From the manual:

B2 VACUUM TEST

Attach vacuum gauge to intake manifold vacuum source.

Hook up tachometer.

Observe the vacuum gauge needle while performing the following:

-- Start engine and gradually increase the engine rpm to 2000 with the transmission in NEUTRAL.

NOTE:
The vacuum gauge reading may be normal when the engine is first started and idled. However, excessive restriction in the exhaust system will cause the vacuum gauge needle to drop to a low point even while the engine is idled.

Decrease engine speed to base idle rpm.

Did manifold vacuum reach above 16 inches of mercury with the engine rpm at 2000?

Yes
No restriction in the exhaust system.

When did you go to the track? We've had horribly humid weather, don't expect good times in this kind of weather. IMO your 60' time would tell a lot as to whether you hooked up off the line or not, and from what Joe (Pony) told me is MPH = HP. But I don't know how you'd gain that much HP with the mods you have.

the gtech dont work I justed raced my friends Super chicken gtech said he would stay even, I think I beat him by 8 cars until enough was enough

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
The G-tech is inaccurate.
[/div]

Don't tell Moe. LOL! :)

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]The G-tech is inaccurate.[/div]Don't tell Moe. LOL! :)
[/div]

LMAO

I made 26 Passes with a G Tech at 3 different tracks all passes were within 1 tenth and 2 MPH from my time slip. IMHO that is close enough for non track testing. Every pass MPH was High by 2MPH and et was higher By 1 tenth. I just bought a Gtech Pro before WFC and I forgot to test it when I was running the car. The car ran 15.0 on the G-tech a week before and 14.91 at the track.
Keith
93 BLACK
93 MAROON
Only use the brakes to stop and get gas.

Perhaps you could sweet talk Trixie and John into helping you with Boozer's secret mods. I've heard that they can knock several tenths off.

Steven
aka
Boozer

Back