What to do?

driller

El Presidente
Staff member
Drag radials or dynotune?

What would yield more at the track? I already have a chip BTW and I need to pick one to do over the other for right now. I know the DRs will definitely help, but I may have a chance at a tune quicker than I thought. I only have a few days to decide. I guess I'm looking for the biggest bang for the buck. :)

RE: What to do?

that depends. if you have a traction problem, get the drag radials. If you already have a chip, and don't have any problems with the way the car actually drives, a dyno tune isn't going to net you that much. Plus, i'm assuming that sometime in the future you're going to want to get some more mods, and at that point you'll want a dyno tune.

I'm running drag radials on my car. I have headers, 4.10's, a 3200 stall, and a cobra intake, and if i just floor it from a light with the t/c off i will not get any wheelspin. It's putting down 1.9 60' times at the right track. But what surprised me the most about my nittos is how well they handle the rain. I haven't noticed any hydroplaning yet, and off the line they hook great in the wet (obviously not as good as in the dry, but surprisingly well nonetheless). Although i am hesitant to get going to fast on them in the rain, they don't really have that much tread. I expect that they would hydroplane on standing water or really wet pavement.

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
...It's putting down 1.9 60' times at the right track.
[/div]

That's it, just what I'm lookin' for. If I could knock a 0.1 or more off the sixty foot, that's good! }(

DRs, then vortech, then Dynotune. }( }( }(
[/div]

You should be on psychic hotline. 1-800-jeremi-read-my-mind. LOL! :7

BTW, where does the stall converter fit in? Ha! Gotcha!

wrong !!!

I hope I'll have manual trans in there instead of the stall. Now Dave wants one too so we should have some knowledge as to what exactly is needed to do the swap, and then you can do that too ... ;)

Convertor, then drag radials.
[/div]

Not enough time or money now. I can do a set of DRs or a tune for now. The dynotune was stretching it but I was considering it vs. the drag radials. The converter will need to wait for winter or next spring. :( Too much labor for me, so I gotta pay for that install. Besides, if I did the converter now I really, really would have traction issues. }(

I'm thinking the drag radials would help traction now, cut the 60 foot times and subsequently reduce my 1/4 mile times more than a dynotune would improve HP over the chip enough to improve the 1/4 mile ETs. Agree? ::roll::

Hey, that is the right combo. If you have watched Joe's drifting video he will admit that "It's the way to go". I think we should sponsor him in the Pro Series. Any ways I do agree with DRs & Tune, but what ta hay we got some pretty sharp guys here on the thread. Roll out the bread!!

Drifting video? Now i KNOW i missed this one. Someone post a link!!! I wanna see this. I was going to make another one of bootlegs and J turns with some drifting if i can find a nice empty huge parking lot with some cones we bring along.

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]DRs, then vortech, then Dynotune. }( }( }( [/div]You should be on psychic hotline. 1-800-jeremi-read-my-mind. LOL! :7 BTW, where does the stall converter fit in? Ha! Gotcha!
[/div]

DUH, between the flexplate and the transmission.

No seriously its not that hard to install a converter.If you can build a rear end you can install a converter.

Hardest part is getting the tranny back in correctly. Took me about 30 minutes last time to get it to set right, while in the car.

Back