One upset Ford guy

Zach65

Registered
So today I was on my way out to school, and I guess I wasn't goin fast enough for the red '94 Cobra mustang behind me, so he downshifted and passed on my right. Since I'm a Ford guy to the bone, I quickly caught up and gave him a nod. He mouthed something to me. At that point I didn't care if he was a Ford boy or not, I wanted to kick his ass. I can't pull over and do it so i get on it. He downshifts to second. We're going about 45. I'm back into first or second showing him the business as we fly up a hill. Pretty even. He hits third and passed me. I have the pedal to the floor, thinkin', "yup, thats what I get." But the road we're on turns into a four lane highway and he's not showing any signs of letting off and I'm not either. We hit about 110 and he's just not pulling hard anymore. i dont know if he got spooked, and even though he could probably kill me from a stop, I call myself the winner. Whatever. It makes me feel better. thanks, just needed to vent. I still love those 94s though. No prejudice after such a heartbreaking experience. ha, you know what i mean?

RE: One upset Ford guy

Eh, don't let it get to ya. I've had all kinds of younger guys flip me off, talk ####, and everything else. It's funny, because all im trying to do is say Nice car. After that happens, I just go on my way.

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
So today I was on my way out to school, and I guess I wasn't goin fast enough for the red '94 Cobra mustang behind me, so he downshifted and passed on my right. Since I'm a Ford guy to the bone, I quickly caught up and gave him a nod. He mouthed something like the word "faggot" to me. At that point I didn't care if he was a Ford boy or not, I wanted to kick his ass. I can't pull over and do it so i get on it. He downshifts to second. We're going about 45. I'm back into first or second showing him the business as we fly up a hill. Pretty even. He hits third and passed me. I have the pedal to the floor, thinkin', "yup, thats what I get." But the road we're on turns into a four lane highway and he's not showing any signs of letting off and I'm not either. We hit about 110 and he's just not pulling hard anymore. i dont know if he got spooked, and even though he could probably kill me from a stop, I call myself the winner, just to show who the "faggot" was. Whatever. It makes me feel better. thanks, just needed to vent. I still love those 94s though. No prejudice after such a heartbreaking experience. ha, you know what i mean?
[/div]

Ron can tell you how much we miss our fords :7

Few more of those WOT 3-1 downshifts, and that SVT will see a Mark VIII on the side of the road with a smoked tranny.

Ford guy or not, your 93 vintage 4R70W wont take the kind of abuse a Cobra can...homsexual or not!

[a
Club 16 President/Founder
94 Black/Black M8
97 Toreador red/Lt. graphite LSC M8
V.P. GGM8​

Yes, i'd highly recomend doing the j-mod, otherwise you may not be so happy. One of my friends learned this the hard way this fall. All I can say is I am glad I have my '98, and not his '94.

JMOD or No JMOD, WOT 3-1 downshifts are murder on a pre-98 4R70W.

I had a JMOD on my 94, and it had low miles, a tranny cooler, and Mercon V....the forward clutch seals wouldnt hold pressure after too many 3-1 WOT downshifts. Shame since the tranny only had 80k on it, and ran perfectly since its JMOD.

Poorly designed trannies cannot take the abuse we set forth.

98+ is the only way to go if you plan to man0handle your Mark.

Phar....I agree...my replacement tranny is now up to snuff.

[a
94 Black/Black M8
V.P. GGM8​

So i've heard. I'm putting the new accumulator piston, putting mercon V, and getting a Bauman shift kit. I'm not to sure about the J-mod. I've read up on it and still don;t understand how to do it. I;m not too transmission savvy. I'd love to do it, as long as the tranny stays bolted to the motor!
ps Im so easy on that tranny you wouldn't believe. that's probably only the 2nd or 3rd time i've done that downshift in 2 months.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/771000-771999/771311_5_full.jpg

Similar thing happened with my Mark and a Crown vic. Some guy around my age was on my ass, he gets in the right lane to pass me but I did not speed up to block him. He decides cut me off because the car in front of him was slowing down to turn. He came SOOOOOOOO close to hitting me that I laid the horn on him. I pull up next to him and ask him "what the "F" are you doing"? He flips me the bird and starts talking smack while his girlfriend is in the passenger seat. The light turned and I smoked his ass. I said to my self, he's not worth it and let off even though I was still mad. He floors it by me and flips the bird. we hit traffic and every time he passes me he flips the bird and I just stare him down. Finally I have to turn right and I get in the broken line lane to turn. He passes me and again and I see the bird, but this time there was a red light and he had to stop a few feet ahead of me. I floor it and pull up next to him instead of turning and I tell him to pull over. He looks at me and I let him have it, I was SO PISSED! I know my face was all red and I was spitting as I as yelling at him. It looked like he learned his lesson and you could tell he was scare. I've never blown up like that before, and now that I think about it wouldn't have been worth it, but man, if he pulled over I would have beat the snot out of him.

I never get crazy when driving, but that guy just got to me.

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/280000-280999/280293_34.jpg
[i/]______________________Mark of the Cobra______________________
94 Mark VIII
David J

The JMOD is very similar to the bauman kit...except it was designed by the engineer who pioneered alot of Ford's trannies.

Bauman, for the most part is just a variation.

The JMOD is easy...if you dont mind taking a bath in tranny fluid(ok, just kidding)

I made my own tech page for the JMOD I did. The tranny doesnt come out. The pan comes off, you unplug 3 things, and remove 25 bolts, and the valvebody comes down. You remove the bolts that hold the separator plate to it, and then remove the separator plate.

clean the old gasget off the plate, using the template supplied by the TCCOA tech pages for the JMOD, you re-drill 10 of the holes...then, basically reassemble with new accumulators....

thats it, in "simple" terms...about a 3 hour job...

But, the JMOD or bauman wont help your WOT 3-1 downshifts, as the OWC is the weak link in your pre-98 tranny.

[a
94 Black/Black M8
V.P. GGM8​

One thing about the Bauman kit....read the J-mod and find someone with the instrutions for the Bauman kit, you'll find it's almost identical ;)

The 2-3 isnt necessary, but when you remove the valvebody from the case, the 2-3 is right there, and is so easy to change. No special tools required, and I would recommend installing the new 2-3 piston. The good news is, you should remove the spring in the 2-3 anyway, so why not just slide a new piston up there?(there is only one spring in the 2-3). a JMOD with no 2-3 spring has to produce one of the best feeling 2-3 shifts on the planet. Not too firm, but very fast, and positive.

Good luck to you. If you need help, I have done 5 JMOD's now. One of them was by PM's and emails!!!hahahahaha

[a
94 Black/Black M8
V.P. GGM8​

Craig what else is different about a 93-97 and a 98 tranny? I assume it's nothing you could swap out as easily as 1-2/2-3 parts, I'm just wondering.

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
JMOD or No JMOD, WOT 3-1 downshifts are murder on a pre-98 4R70W.I had a JMOD on my 94, and it had low miles, a tranny cooler, and Mercon V....the forward clutch seals wouldnt hold pressure after too many 3-1 WOT downshifts. Shame since the tranny only had 80k on it, and ran perfectly since its JMOD.Poorly designed trannies cannot take the abuse we set forth.98+ is the only way to go if you plan to man0handle your Mark.Phar....I agree...my replacement tranny is now up to snuff.
[a Club 16 President/Founder94 Black/Black M897 Toreador red/Lt. graphite LSC M8V.P. GGM8
[/div]

Did you have a second gear mechanical diode too ? and still blow it?​

Back