Jack Telnack - Ford's best VP of Design

billcu

Head Moderator
Staff member
He was Vice President of Design when the Mark VIII was built.

He's a good friend of a good friend of mine. I've only met him a few times, but he's a great guy. A real car guy.

I think the one thing that most of us here agree on, is the beautiful styling (design) of the Mark VIII. I think that Jack and his team did a great job on the Mark VIII.

I sent him a photo of my Marks, and here's what he had to say about it:

"I still think the MK VIII was the best looking design of all the MK's and I remember having a great time working on the project. It was by far the cleanest and most contemporary car of it's time".

He stopped by today and I got him to pose with my Marks (he was glad to do it).
He enjoyed my "Lincoln parking only" sign too.

Thanks again Jack.

http://www.mark8.org/users/billcu/jackt.jpg

RE: Jack Telnack - Ford's best VP of Design

You are lucky to meet the man.

Alexander
Board of Directors
Lincolns of Distinction

Bill,
As has been stated, boy are you lucky to meet and know the man!! I'm sure it was a thrill for you and all of us would have just melted to have been there! Oh, the questions, oh the conversations!! My mind boggles.! Yes, it is a fine line, and for those of us on the insanity side, I can only say I wished I could have been there!

That article is interesting in that it mentions that car show. I did a little research, that show is quite important and attracts many Concours eligible cars.

If the Marks qulaify (age wise) next year some of the midwest area members should look intio entering.

Also, if you meet this man Jack again ask him if he knows "John" who worked n the team and also on the Bonneville car. See this thread for the story as to who he is http://www.lincolnsclub.org/forum/d...pic&forum=73&topic_id=1124&mesg_id=1124&page=

I would love to find this guy as he claims to have a video of the Bonneville Mark during its run taken from an airplane, the car beat the plane!

Great article Driller. Now, he's not the only one that knows who designed his Mark VIII.

Leo, I'll send a link of this thread to Jack and I'll ask him about the Bonneville Mark.

I also know someone that did some work on the intake manifold on that car. I'll see if I can get a hold of him too.

Back