How can we verify if we have a 95 LSC?

ViiiKiller

Registered
Hello everybody,

I just bought my beautiful black 95 Lincoln Mark Viii and I am madly in love with her. The guy I bought it from assured me it's an LSC but it does not have the LSC badges on the bumper. However, as I was reading the owners manual, it said that on LSC models, when the remote keyless entry is armed and disarmed, the LSC's low beams do not flash, and sure enough, mine doesn't flash. But I'm just not 100 percent convinced that this is an actual LSC. Do the 95 LSC's have factory HID's? Thank you for any responses!! I love this website and can't wait to spend tons and tons of time here!!

RE: How can we verify if we have a 95 LSC?

Well you could have checked the FAQs. But I will give you a summary.
A 95 LSC will not have any chrome on the front and rear bumper as well as the little plastic beam on the lower part of the doors and the rear quarter panels. You will have little holes in the seats (perforated). The car will have a true dual exhaust that you can see by looking under the car and seeing if your exhaust ends up in a Y pipe past the mufflers or actually has 2 pipes. Only VERY few 95 LSCs had the HIDs. They will have a bluish hue, and clear lenses. Also the LSCs have 3.27 vs the stock 3.08 but that is harder to check.

Oh and WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!!! Post some pics of your mark. Color miles description would be nice too.

Max pretty much covered it. Exhaust, gearing and trim were the main differences.

Interior visual cues easiest to detect is the perforated leather seating vs. the base non-perforated leather. Exterior visual cues easiest to detect is the color matched door/bumper trim vs. the chrome strip in the door mouldings and front/rear bumper covers of the base model.

For the '95 model year, HID headlamps may or may not be on the car depending upon the build date.

Halogen:
http://photos.imageevent.com/driller/1993lincolnmarkviii/websize/front.jpg

HID:
http://photos.imageevent.com/driller/carlisle2005/websize/100_0962.JPG

Welcome!!! :D

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
SHOW OFF!!! :B :B :B :B :B :B :B :B :B
[/div]

Hey! I was showing the difference between the halogens and HIDs. ::wtf::

Back