Back in the Mark VIII saddle after hiatus.......

mhinchley

Registered
I just got out of prison...........just kidding. About 3 years ago I traded in my 96 LSC on a new 03 Durango. Got sucked into the SUV fad. (I am a former member of the previously LOD site) But this month I got rid of my 89 supercharged Mustang GT (must be growing up) and decided to get back into the Mark VIII crowd. Felt sad about letting the stang go since it was such a rocket (low 12's on the street and low 11's at the strip), but this should ease the pain. I have always missed the Mark. So this week I bought an Ebay Mark VIII, 1993 with 68,000 miles. Infact flying to Pennsylvania on Thursday from Indiana to drive it back. A link to the purchase is: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...=4616226732&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

Some people will say $4900 is too much, plus I have the cost of flying there and drive it back, but being a former Mark Owner for what the car is, I am very happy with the purchase and have not even seen the car yet. If you look at their feedback on their cars, they are a very reputable dealer and that put me at ease. They infact told me, they usually just wholesale cars worth under $10k, since they deal mostly in Volvo, Mercedes, Lexus, etc.........but that this one was a local trade and in such exceptional condition, they decided to keep it themselves for marketing. So I bought it.

I decided to dump the gas guzzling Durango and my ever so dependable Toyota Corolla...........and but two cars on Ebay. The other is a 97 Caddy Deville I picked up last week. The Caddy is great and I gotta deal on it.......let me tell you........but it will be the girlfriends driver. After all, I am a former Mark owner, you can bet that is what I will be driving! And another note.........NO MORE CAR PAYMENTS since I paid cash for these 2, and no more 13mpg average as with the Durango!

RE: Back in the Mark VIII saddle after hiatus.......

WELCOME! :)

Congrats on that '93! Looks to be a fine Mark VIII! Good luck with it and don't be a stranger. ;)

Thanks. I will be around. Always messing with something on my cars.....lol. I do plan to leave this one relatively stock though, compared to the money I put into my last one. Planning to build a 77-78 Trans Am Bandit car.........so save most hot-rod money for that.

Congrats on the Mark VIII purchase, and yes 4900 was rather high for that car. On the upside it does look like it is in pretty good shape for a 93.

Nice car!

I like the color..:)

Good luck with your ride. These cars get into you in more ways than one. Looks sharp and I hope it serves you well...

Back