Can you spot your home?

RE: Can you spot your home?

Norm,

What is the link to this site? I can't see the detail in it that I could the first time that I saw it. It's magnificent to see this photo in high-resolution.

I think that the description by the person who sent it to me was that it was taken by a series of satellites on what just happened to be a clear night all around the world. I think that I must have missed that night on the news. But what a wonderful photo of the Earth in our technological age of illumination.

To think that not only did we not have lights of this intensity 100 years ago, it would be impossible to compilate a photo like this until recently. What will it look like 100 years from now?

Aren't the advances we've seen in our lifetime incredible? It's amazing when you stop to consider it.

Aren't the advances we've seen in our lifetime incredible? It's amazing when you stop to consider it.

Yeah, the next thing ya know, we'll have a luxury car that will outrun a Mustang GT, gets good gas mileage, and is affordable.

I want one of those. But wait what is that in my garage? It did that just yesterday.

A car without flames, is like a kiss without lips.}>

I think we are the only country in the world to have a 'lit' wang.

(think about it...)

Norm, do you have the name of the site you got this from. Either my eyesight is getting worse, or my monitor has a smudge on it. I can't make out all of the fine print on the link shown on the photo. Intwerp.gala.nasa.gov...or something like that.

Thanks Norm, by the way. That is a very cool photo!

Back