Korean cars are reliable now?

RE: Korean cars are reliable now?

Not really that suprising. Hyundai and Kia REALLY want market share, and are hungry for it, so they are doing what that can. It's going to be hard to argue against the value of a Hyundai now. With 2nd best initial quality plus the industry's best warranty makes a Hyundai a good buy. Meanwhile, the domestics continue to suffer with terrible dealer service. I don't think the overall quality is terrible, but the dealer service seems to be what is killing them...along with the endless penny-pinching mentality in general of the domestics. I could go on and on with stories about how differently the Big 3 and Imports go about building cars, since I work with all manufacturers. (I work in specialty molding for automotive lenses).

RE: Korean cars are reliable now?

Hyundai has come a looooong way in the last few years. I know two people with newer Hyundais (an '02 Accent and an '03 Elantra) that they bought new, and they've had nothing but good luck with them. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if all I wanted was cheap transportation.

Back