Motorcraft Plugs

Leecon

Registered
Does anyone know any thing about the AGSF32FM Motorcraft spark plug. I checked the Motorcraft website, and a couple of other places and can't find it. I think it's a double platinum, Fine, extended tip.
The counterperson at my parts house told me that it's a replacement for AWSF32EE, even showed it to me on the computer screen, but I don't want to mess my car up if it's the wrong one.

Thanks for your help.

RE: Motorcraft Plugs

Are you sure it i is not the AGSF-12FM1? They are for the newer Lightnings.

This is one of those subjects that has been debated many times. I personally believe in the "Lightning" plugs- AWSF12FM1. They are two heat ranges cooler and are double platinum. The 32's were installed by the factory as a safe heat range that was sure to never foul. There are those of us who believe that running a cooler plug reduced detonation and allows the computer to advance the timing farther for better performance.

But, to answer your question, the AWSF32EE is the replacement "stock" plug for the Mark VIII.

Steve,

I'm certain it's AGSF 32 FM and was told it is a Lightning. It's printed on the box and plug both. In a side by side comparison the threaded part appears to be about 1/16th in. longer than the stock plug which is going to move the spark closer to the piston. It runs smoothly with them, no change in performance, I just don't know enough about it to know if it's going to cause any harm. I put in an email query to Lincoln Customer Service, I'll see what they tell me. Thanks

Lee

Back