Thought I'd stop by for a minute

zebra

Registered
I had to replace the compressor on the Mark again, so I came lurking by. The joke posts are great! I don't recognize as many of you as when I was here last, but still want to say hi!

Things are good for me in Oklahoma; I still have and love the Mark VIII. It doesn't have many more miles than it did last year. All the air suspension parts are new OEM. That's it on car stuff.

This last winter I started flying again and got my pilot's license. I'm having fun with that! A friend lets me fly his airplane; a Piper Cherokee. I'd like to get something similar but with more horsepower and maybe retractable gear, but that will take a while.

I've been the network administrator for the police department for two years now, and though I still haven't had any computer training I do know something about running a network. I've enjoyed the challenge.

This sounds like one of those corney Christmas letters so I'll stop. I just wanted to say hello to everybody.

RE: Thought I'd stop by for a minute

Hi Stephanie, long time indeed! Stay more than a minute next time!

Hi Steph...I was wondering where you disappeared to...good to hear from you again. Have a ball playing with the computers.

If I remember correctly, you did some of your own work on your Mark. Did you send your car to the dealer for the new suspension or did you do any of it yourself?

Don't be a stranger...BTW, we love "corney" here!

Bud Pytko
'97 LSC Silver Frost
'92 F250 Banks TurboDiesel Bimini Blue
'94 Prowler 5th Wheel
http://myfilelocker.comcast.net/charlespytko/Lincoln/BudPytko97LSC.JPG

Hey Steph!

Glad to see your still lurking around.

Sounds like your job has taken an interesting "turn".

Glad to hear you still have the Mark, and are still around!!!!!

Becareful in that confounded FLYIN' Machine!

I've done most of the work on the suspension myself except for the front struts. I didn't use the dealer, though. (EWWW!) I bought most of the parts from Ford Parts HQ or BLUECOLLAR.

I have a new suspension brain, compressor, rear bags, and the front struts have only about 10K on them. The compressor died months ago and the struts only just now started to need airing up. Now I need an alignment and possibly rear shocks I will be done working on the suspension.

I did the 1/2 accumulator upgrade when I had another tranny part replaced and now the car shifts like a Lincoln, which is not sporty at all. If you get on it it is better.
I'll check my profi;le as it may need to be updated.

It's nice to visit!

I absolutely can't believe that you have that many miles on your car! WOW! And all the racing you've done!
Nice to know you are still around too.

[div class="dcquote"][strong]Quote[/strong]
You sound like some guy I met online once... }(
[/div]:eek:

Hey Stephanie, good to see you back. Didn't you purchase a 540i?? I was wondering about that car, how is it holding up?

From one flyer to another, congrats on getting your pilots license! If you ever decide to fly out to northern California, give us a heads-up. We've got a fairly active Mark VIII group out here, and will use any excuse for a get-together. :D

It's also good to hear your networking position has worked out. If you'd ever like a list of links that I've found really helpful in network administration and support over the years, drop me a PM.

And 'glad to hear you're still keeping the Mark VIII going - after all this time, that's another thing you're probably getting expert at. ;)

John
[link:www.goldengatemark8.com|Golden Gate Mark VIII Website]
http://mark8.org/users/johnaec/Mark_VIII_s.jpg
'97 Mark VIII LSC
'96 T-Bird 4.6L

Stephanie,

I am glad you are doing well. I hope you will stop by this site more often.

Alexander
Board of Directors
Lincolns of Distinction

We did purchase a 540i sport, but it left when "he" did. Nice car though. Very fast and turned like it was on rails. The Mark is more comfortable though. The 540 had lots of cool features; it would start air circulating and crack the sunroof at a scheduled time so the car wouldn't be so hot when you got off work, among other things. sigh.

Back