Drifting Car Now a Mechanical Problem

scotty96lsc

Registered
I originaly posted a question in Tires and Wheels Forum about my car drifting to the right shortly after I had the tires rotated. Well we checked the tires for pulling or pushing tire, rotated the tires back the way they were, and no luck.
Mechanical problem. I have not hit any pot holes of any size that I can recall, no shimmy in the steering wheel, just drifts right. I set the car with steering wheel aligned straight and the car works its way to the right shoulder.
What should I look for or common fixes here? Thanks.

RE: Drifting Car Now a Mechanical Problem

My car is a gen 1, but when I look at the wheel it always seems a little cocked to the left. I guess it might just be perception, or trying to match it against the dashboard. It tracks straight though. Maybe an alignment shop could work it out.

Does the car pull to one side when braking?Mine did this and I replaced the brake pads,rotors,lines,and even fluid,all to no avail.It turns out the lower control arm bushings were bad.I had just had an alignment a month or so before,and that helped the problem ,for awhile.After the control arms were replaced the car tracked straight.And yes the steering wheel is set to the left about 1 inch.

Just seems to drift not when braking. Though I think it is much better if at all noticeable since I rotated the tires back the way they were. Next time I take the car in for something, I'll have my mechanic look at it. Thanks for the input.

Back