Have you forgotten?

RE: Have you forgotten?

I can never forget that awful day.

Alexander
Board of Directors
Lincolns of Distinction

where were you?

I run a Limo company in California...we do alot of airport transportation with our sedans and limos.

A driver called me via Nextel 2-way radio and said(I'll never forget)

"Craig...turn on the news radio...an airplane has crashed in New York..."

up until that instant, it had been a normal day, like any other...
that day will never be forgotten.

I was at work building boards for Aegis radar, Tomahawk missles, and spectral radar.

I suddenly felt very good about what I did for a living...

I was attending the hospital grand rounds at New York Hospital Queens from 8:30 to 9:30 AM that morning. The head of the ER was waiting at the back of the room during the end of conference. He went to the microphone when the conference was finished and announced that two planes had it the Word Trade Center. I asked if this was a terrorist attack. He replied, "probably."

When I go outside, I saw the first tower had fallen and there was a massive amount of smoke coming from the the WTC site.

It was long and very bad day.

I volunteered in the ER. The ER was nearly empty. The ER was not full of the usual flood of people with minor problems. They said they would calll me if they needed help.

From my apartment I heard a never-ending stream of sirens that night. I could not sleep. I never received a call to come to the ER. The next morning I cried, since I then knew that there were few survivors of the collapse of the towers.

Alexander
Board of Directors
Lincolns of Distinction

I was in Italy visiting my family there....very strange, but I had a great experience as a result.

I was with my cousins at a club in the city, the clubs stay open till like 6:00am over there. I think I was 23 at the time and so were most of the people at the club, mid-late 20's. Anyways....at 2:00am the D.J. shut down and the staff handed out hundreds of candles to every person in the club...literally hundreds and they had 2 minutes of silence to pay respect to all that happened in America. That was on the night of Sept.11th....I could not help but wonder if we actually were going to those same lengths with our "younger generation" over here? It was like that throughout Italy and Europe as well. People here don't realize the support that we really get around the world.

Carlo

I was teaching a high school music theory class in NH when I heard the news.

I spent Sept 11, 06' talking with my 6th, 7th, and 8th graders about what they remember from that day. They were only little kids then, but the school that I teach in now is right next to Otis, where the fighter jets took off from. Even the youngest kids (now 6th graders) remember the jets physically shaking the building they took off so fast and flew right over the school.

http://www.lincolnsclub.org/forum/images/loveit.gif -J
LOD - New England Member

--> www.ivotedblue.com www.airamericaradio.com
--> www.bradleyreport.net www.npr.org

Back