Website yall should know about.

Mycophiles

Registered
I'm not sure how many of you here are also intrested in home audio along with your car audio, but nevertheless I'd like to share this site www.hometheaterforum.com. It has an abundance of information of the likes I've never seen on any forum ever!

Check it out.

RE: Website yall should know about.

Man these guys really don't like bose :)

I have a pair and love them, but I guess it's what you looking for in sound. Bose is like the rice of speakers according to these guys.

Yeah, especially in the home, lots of people think they are the best because of the price. They are only expensive because of the technology, but pound for pound thay are great. I still prefer the sound from a slightly bigger speaker.

I love that site...

their technology is sub par. bose uses alot of inferior materials but people flock to it because of the reputation theyve built up by fooling people.

their technology is sub par. bose uses alot of inferior materials but people flock to it because of the reputation theyve built up by fooling people.

Here we go, another Bose basher. I honestly believe that it's an individuals taste in audio as with anyting else. people make assumptions and form opinions based on a few things they have read or heard from someone who hates a particular product. It's kind of like a fake "wine tester" who claims they can they can tell what kind of wine they are drinking simply by tasting it. And although I believe there a few talented individuals capable of doing this, the average wine club wanna be has no clue.

Bose are not cheap by no strecth of the imagination, but neither are Mercedes or BMW, when in the end the same mission can be accomplished in KIA. After sitting in a sound room for 3 hours listening to every speaker setup Best Buy, Frys and Circuit City had(total of about 5 hours), I chose the Bose, not because I thought they were the best but because they satisfied what I was looking for in a speaker system. Not everyone needs or wants to hear things blowing up in their movies, other people have other taste and are looking for other things in their music and home theatre other than lows that will rupture your eardrum.

Inferior material? Almost every system I looked is built from particle board for the casing or plastic of some sort. The insulation is eithe r a faom insulation type or that similar to what is in your home (I said similar), how is this material any diffrent from what Bose uses? Oh yea they charge more for it, and all Bose buyers have no clue. I've already made this longer than what I would have liked, but I would like to add that in the end if a machine is required to measure the sound, then how much diffrence does it make any way, you can't hear it?

Back